We are a meritocracy, not a democracy. That means we try to enable the people best equipped to lead, then we let them lead with confidence. Candidacy is contingent on competence. We optimise for signal over noise.
There are many ways you can participate in the Ubuntu community. Just find the right level or interests that works for you.
- The Ubuntu Discourse is where contributors shape ideas through open discussions.
- Join or create an Ubuntu LoCo (‘Local Community Team’) and meet like-minded people.
- The Ubuntu Forums are a huge and fast-moving online forum for user chat and problem solving.
- Share your technical know-how with others by answering questions on Ask Ubuntu, powered by StackExchange.
- In due course, you might stand for election as a leader of one of the Ubuntu councils and teams.
The Ubuntu project is large, you might want to learn about how it works and how it is organised.
- The Ubuntu Code of Conduct helps us navigate complex social waters, with diverse interests in a highly technical landscape.
- The Mission of Ubuntu is to bring the benefits of free software to the widest possible audience.
- Our elected Community Council oversees appointments and responsibilities.
- Discover community generated how-to’s, tips, tricks and hacks on the community help wiki.
- Get the latest Ubuntu news and resources on the Ubuntu Blog.
There are many ways to communicate with the Ubuntu community. Here are some pointers to get you started.
- Navigate the Ubuntu world by joining an Internet Relay Chat such as #ubuntu
Learn more about Internet Relay Chat (IRC)
- Are you stuck and need help? Find support from a variety of sources.
More information about community support
|2||contribute/application-development||Contribute to Application Development|
|2||contribute/ubuntu-development||Contribute to Ubuntu Development|
|3||contribute/ubuntu-development/ubuntu-patch-pilots||Ubuntu Patch Pilots|
|2||contribute/documentation||Contribute to Documentation|
|2||contribute/art-design||Contribute to Art and Design|
|2||contribute/translation-localisation||Contribute to Translation and Localisation|
|2||contribute/qa-testing||Contribute to QA and Testing|
|2||contribute/donation||Contribute to Donations Funding|
|2||ethos/code-of-conduct||Ubuntu Code of Conduct|
|1||locos||Ubuntu Local Communities|
|2||locos/join||Join an Ubuntu Local Community|
|2||locos/create||Create an Ubuntu Local Community|
|2||locos/verification||Ubuntu Local Community Verification|
|2||locos/faq||Ubuntu Local Community FAQ|
|2||membership/application||Membership Application Process|