I would like to become an Ubuntu member. It’s been a long time contributing so I thought it was time to do it.
If you want to help me you can leave a testimonial in my wiki page or maybe here and I can link it later.
Hi, my name is Rodrigo. I’ve been a member of Ubuntu Spanish Translators since November 2017. I wanted to contribute with the project as a way to say thank you for the free software, moreover I wanted to help making Ubuntu accesible to everyone so more people can start using this amazing OS. I translated a huge amount of strings until one day I discovered upstream projects so I joined Gnome spanish translators. I also made a wiki page explaining about translating upstream projects. I learned how to use Github and helped translating flatpak and NetworkManager. Now I’ve become coordinator for Ubuntu Spanish Translators Team. I’ve made a Telegram group to improve team’s visibility (currently with 61 members).
- Ubuntu Spanish Translator Team member since 2017-present
- Participated in Big Bug Bonanza for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (bug triaging)
- Commit merged to Ubuntu Desktop Installer
- Commit to flatpak
- Commit to NetworkManager
- Gnome Translations
Contributions to Ubuntu Wiki
- Ubuntu Team Wiki in Spanish
- Package list linked to corresponding upstream project and translation team
- Non-technical step by step guide for translating using flutter tools in github
- Role of the Community Council (My proposal)
- How to improve the wiki (Some ideas)
- Reconcidering workflows
- Keep on translating.
- Strenght cooperation between translation projects.
- Build a friendly community of Open Source translators.
- Join the Translation Project.
- Assist to some CC meetings.
- Vote in the next election for the CC as I couldn’t vote in the last one.
- Keep on giving my ideas and enjoying Ubuntu.
- Add GNUN support to Ubuntu web pages.