Mir 2.3.2 Release
We are pleased to announce the release of Mir 2.3.2.
For Ubuntu, Mir is available from the Mir PPAs .
It is also available as a source tarball .
This release is focused on improving the desktop experience and particularly working with X11 based applications. This includes basic cut & paste now working for X11 based application and HiDPI support for X11 applications.
- mirinputplatform ABI bumped to 8
- mirwayland ABI bumped to 2
- First pass at copy/paste between Wayland and XWayland
- Hint to Firefox that it should use Wayland when launched by miral
- [Error handling] Report information from nested exceptions
- Use standard key repeat values
- [platforms] Enable linux-dmabuf on X11 and Wayland platforms
- [platforms/linux-dmabuf] Support the full range of driver-exposed formats
- [platforms/gbm-kms] Don’t warn about being unable to find the current mode of disconnected outputs
- [platforms/gbm-kms] Log exceptions in probe better
- [miral] Document miral::Window
- [miral] Document miral::display_configuration_options()
- [miral-kiosk] Allow wayland extensions to be configured in kiosks (and enable pointer confinement by default)
- [Wayland] Enable xdg_output_unstable_v1 by default
- [Mir-on-X] Improve HiDPI support for XWayland
- [mir-shell] Improve launching of GNOME Terminal.
- Print help text to stdout instead of stderr. (Fixes #1043)
- [Wayland] Send sub-pixel input events to clients (Fixes: #1814, #1828)
- [miral] Clamp window resize to min/max. (Fixes #1821)
- [miral] Shrink initially maximized windows on restore. (Fixes #1817)
- [Wayland] Better help message when WAYLAND_DISPLAY in use. (Fixes: #1851)
- [platforms] Disable natural scrolling on the X11 and libinput platforms. (Fixes #1813)
- [miral-app] Use mktemp instead of deprecated tempfile (Fixes #1924)
A note about using Nvidia
During testing of this release we noticed that one of our example servers (miral-shell) doesn’t work correctly on the Nvidia stack on Ubuntu 21.04. We tracked that down to a change in eglwayland.
This issue doesn’t affect any other servers we are aware of, our other examples and egmde are unaffected.