Last week’s status can be found here: Foundations Team Updates - Thursday 13 October 2022
- Opened PR to add CI checks for changelog, snapcraft.yaml and image definition docs
- Opened PR for docs improvements
- Opened PR to fix bug with apt subcommand call in privileged containers
- Opened PR to correctly set environment variables while building gadget tree
- Supported Partner Engineering team with getting set up with new ubuntu-image
- Promoted snap from edge to stable to address an issue with snapcraft v7 style credentials
- Lots of testing of different parts of image definition for Pi images
- Planning meetings for next cycle
- Lots of take home test reviews
- Candidate interviews
- Uploading new ubiquity to disable ZFS + encryption due to bugs
- ISO testing
- MIR: ruby-childprocess, https://pad.lv/1991839
- MIR: python-tornado, https://pad.lv/1990191
- Kinetic release notes for netplan
- ISO testing
- Roadmap planning & sizing
- Diataxis docs improvements, discussions, sign-off & planning
- work on netplan status
- some bug grooming
- Take home tests & interview
- RISC-V Images tests
- Investigated curtin issue with flash-kernel on the Unmatched board
- Investigating strace update
- Testing a lot of images
PolarFire Icicle Kit
- Testing booting with newly released HSS firmware which should be the base for a future image release.
- Packaging new version of HSS payload generator.
Preparing product sprint
- Updating Jira and slides
- ISO image testing
- Found fractional scaling selection can be broken in “interesting” ways (LP: #1993174)
- More ISO image testing
- Found incorrect audio output selection on Pi 400 (LP: #1993316)
- … and Pi 4 (LP: #1993347)
- Tested console audio fix in -proposed (LP: #1991254)
- Re-tested the official DSI display under -proposed kernel 5.19: KMS works! Ish. Touchscreen doesn’t work, and neither does rotation, but at least there’s graphics! FKMS still working fine (LP: #1970603)
- ISO image re-testing
- Fixed incorrect
FK_FORCEreference in flash_kernel_set_root (LP: #1955353)
- Lots of blog post writing / updating / publishing (on GPIO, Hyperpixel, and MicroPython (tbc))
- Firefox meeting
- Bug triage
- Did I mention the ISO image testing?
- imported autoinstall documentation from discourse to the subiquity tree. Added a build step to simplify the export operation to discourse.
- updated the autoinstall reference document to include new keys that were added post 20.04.
- helped with the flash-kernel issue.
- fixed UI crash upon reaching the custom storage screen while a storage probe operation is ongoing (race condition). The issue was observed by Frank multiple times on s390x hardware.
- worked around an overlay unmount issue after listing third-party drivers. The umount command failed on riscv64 with EBUSY (other architectures might be affected). The root cause was not identified but the overlay unmount failure for third-party drivers has been made non-fatal.
- tested a few Subiquity installs on kinetic (including proxy-only HTTP).
- reported DNS configuration inconsistency in Subiquity installs. Marked low priority.
- going slowly through the steps to apply to ubuntu-bug-control
Happy Release Week!
- finalizing kinetic archive for release.
- zeroed NBS! Thanks, Simon!
- zeroing priority-mismatches, which should apparently be started earlier in the cycle because it left us with two packages we had to promote but didn’t want to (
- Uploaded three packages that depend on
aircrack-ngto make them also build-depend on them, so that no uninstallable binaries are being generated on s390x, making https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/proposed-migration/kinetic_uninst.txt a bit cleaner for release
- late NEW processing of a couple of universe syncs
- one of these cleared a sync-blacklist extra-removals dependency, so synced back another package
- took care of remaining removal requests
- spec reviews for impending roadmap sprint
- Opened MP for ubuntu-release-upgrader Jammy SRU to fix:
- Road map planning for next cycle
- Helping to investigate a bug at the request of server team
- ISO testing for the release
- Debugging and testing fixes for LP 1993318 “ZFS + Encryption installations of Ubuntu Desktop do not come up correctly on first boot, systemd unmounts many of the zfs volumes”
- Continued incremental test build with Python 3.11 as a supported version
- Uploaded base-files for the 22.10 release
- Unapproved queue reviews
- Sync’d some packages to help with proposed migration:
- Requested removal of pytango 9.3.4-2build1 from kinetic-proposed and uploaded pytango 9.3.3-1ubuntu1, being the last package with an incorrect libboost-python dependency
- Enabled riscv64 build of argyll so that displaycal-py3 would become installable and migrate
- deboostrap: Ask reported to submit the patch to Debian (LP: #1990856)
- Synced golang-go.crypto for newer gokey (for fixing the FTBFS). It did a test reverse-depends rebuild in https://launchpad.net/~bdrung/+archive/ubuntu/rebuild/+packages and the following packages fail: fscrypt on ppc64el, gh, golang-github-containers-buildah, golang-github-containers-toolbox. All those failures are already reported on https://people.canonical.com/~ginggs/ftbfs-report/test-rebuild-20220914-kinetic-kinetic.html and are no regression.
- apt-mirror: Uploaded apt-mirror 0.5.4-2 with some needed fixes and synced to kinetic
- apport: Another autopkgtest failure (LP: #1992172), which I fixed and uploaded apport 2.23.1-0ubuntu2
- libevent: Got the FFe approval and uploaded libevent 2.1.12-stable-5ubuntu1 and started the no-change rebuilds (LP: #1990941)
- tgl: Do not treat warnings as errors (LP: #1991912)
- tzdata: Update to 2022e (includes SRUs to stable releases) (LP: #1992692)
- kinetic ISO testing
- inky: Sponsored inital upload (LP: #1992778)
I got annoyed by typing too much when diffing source package. I wrote savedebdiff to save some time: https://github.com/bdrung/bdrung-scripts#savedebdiff. You might find that useful as well.