Last week’s update can be found here: Foundations Team Updates - Thursday 06 October 2022
- Bug triage
- APT solver bug analysis (nvidia) - LP: #1992513
- Small grub boot-complete.target patch
- Dismayed at the Ubuntu Pro news in the apt hook, and talking to people about improving that
- systemd-coredump integration spec review (cc @bdrung)
- my first bug triage session, thanks for your comments @brian-murray
- sponsored some final systemd fixes into Kinetic, https://pad.lv/1991829, https://pad.lv/1992178
- some MIR discussions around LicheeRV, https://pad.lv/1991508
- some Diataxis feedback + questions
- Jammy 0.105 SRU, pending SRU review, https://pad.lv/1988447
- poking about NM/Netplan everywhere testing
- pre/post-up/down documentation update, https://github.com/canonical/netplan.io/pull/245
- who came up with that new “netplan.io” repository name for the website?? (argh, so confusing)
- Roadmap grooming
- email & backlog
- Linux skills interview
- M&G interview
- Take-home test review
- DX interview
Testing images for RISC-V board
- Initrd for LicheeRV and Nezha is too big
@alexghiti indentified missing stripping of modules as a root cause
I created a merge request for livecd-rootfs to use MODULES=list for initramfs-tools
PolarFire Icicle Kit
- Microchip updated their HSS firmware. Due to a changed memory map U-Boot and LInux have to be updated.
- Packaged U-Boot with two patches for Microchip LP #1992776
- Currently testing kernel change on a upstream 5.19.14 kernel
- write isotracker test case covering install automation from netboot
- File LP: #1992533 regarding an error around ubuntu-drivers apt handling and unmounting
- PR: 1449 (LP: #1992531) - above ubuntu-drivers unmount does trigger a crash later, make that non-fatal
- PR: 1450 (LP: #1992541) - fix issue with partition layouts being bad during guided LVM for certain disk sizes
- PR: 1451 - merge these fixes for kinetic
- Roadmap planning
- PR: 123 (LP: #1992115) - while investigating a crash when netinstalling Kinetic, I found that curtin was trying to match partitions to a disk that did not exist. This was due to probert not outputting the disk info because it was really a loopback device. Update probert to also not output partitions on a loopback device.
- candidate interview
- Reviewed MPs from ddstreet for LP 1991829
- systemd upload to provide a stop gap fix to LP 1992178
- Investigated LP 1990742 “screen not consistently locking when lid is closed”
- Opened ticket to get uz.archive.ubuntu.com fixed (LP 1992790)
- Began preparing SRU for jammy
- Responding to upgrade bug reports
- Fixed LP 1992206 " bash: non existent locale crashes bash"
- Came across when debugging TEST-69-SHUTDOWN failures in systemd autopkgtest. This crash turned out to be the cause.
- Uploaded glibc 2.36-0ubuntu4 to Kinetic on Friday
- Working on getting it through -proposed
- Fixed ruby-ragged against libgit 1.3.2
- Looked into tzdata 2022e with Benjamin
- Multiple interviews & Take-Home Tests
- opened PR 1446 to replace deprecated calls to asyncio.get_event_loop. Integrations tests fail on focal and this requires more investigation.
- PR reviews
- LP: #1992331 fixed FTBFS for libcamera on ppc64el. Thanks @schopin for sponsoring the patch in Ubuntu! Sponsored in Debian by @bdrung, thanks! Also forwarded the patch upstream.
- LP: #1992431 - filed removal bug for aseba binary packages on s390x and ppc64el. The last uploads reduced the list of architectures supported.
- LP: #1992672 - uploaded debdiff to fix src:aft FTBFS. The failing package is in -proposed and a version that builds exists in the -release pocket. No need to sponsor for kinetic AFAICT. Forwarded the patch to Debian.
- LP: #1992769 - filed bug and investigated slow install of haskell-hoogle on armhf making autopkgtest time out on kinetic. The main binary package takes forever to install. Adding to long_tests would not help AFAIK.
- Added libfirefox-marionette-perl to never_run list for jammy. The package is incompatible with firefox shipped as a snap and autopkgtest times out.
- LP: #1992816 investigating FTBFS on armhf of src:ball. On armhf only, the package build-depends on both libgles-dev and libglew-dev. Those two libraries have conflicting type declarations. Seems to be a known issue without a clear path forward.
- Investigating asmjit build failure on s390x. Seems to be an endianness issue but upstream only supports aarch64, x86 and x86_64 backends. Considering changing Architecture: any to a more reduced list.
- Tested console video fix on daily images (LP: #1988838)
- Testing console audio fix in -proposed (LP: #1991254)
- Bump lgpio to 0.2.0.0 (LP: #1992107)
- Working on RPi.GPIO->lgpio shim (about 99% working now; just bug-compat left) (LP: #1992784)
- Published post on all the GPIO breakage expected this release
- Reviewed some more ubuntu-image changes for @jawn-smith
- Core 22 video acceleration investigation
- Fixed device-tree-compiler FTBFS (LP: #1992180)
- Packaged mpremote for Micropython (LP: #1992777)
- Finished InkyPHAT(/WHAT/Impression) packaging (LP: #1992778)
- Firefox meeting
- Pi meetings
- Investigate, debug and test fix for LP 1991083