Ubuntu Desktop Team Indaba (AMA) - September 24, 2021 @ 5PM UTC

What is the Ubuntu Desktop Team Indaba? Indaba is a South African term for “a conference or consultation between people”. This will be a live stream event, featuring members of the Ubuntu Desktop Team and members of the community. To get a feel for what to expect, you can review the last Indaba event on YouTube from August 27, 2021 - It was a super awesome episode all about Printing and latest cups changes!

To keep up a consistent cadence of these Indabas, we’ve decided to have them the last Friday of the month, every month. The details are:

When: 2021-09-24T17:00:00Z
Where: UbuntuOnAir - YouTube
Where: UbuntuOnAir - Twitch
Who:

• Monica Ayhens-Madon
  • Heather Ellsworth
  • JP Nurmi - dev of new installer (frontend)
  • Dan Bungert - dev of new installer (backend)

Come chat with a couple of the developers of the new Flutter-based installer! This new installer replaces an old Ubiquity one and matches nicely with the recent Ubuntu Server installer upgrade to Subiquity. The new Flutter-based installer will also use the Subiquity backend, leveraging existing technologies!

We stream to both YouTube and twitch and we see the live chat in both for you to join the discussion and ask any questions of us. You are also welcome to ask your questions on this thread in advance and we’ll do our best to answer them on air :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Note I updated the date from Sept 25th (Saturday) to Sept 24th (Friday).

1 Like

Dang it, Heather, I was totally going to use Saturday as a swap day if we were coming in to do the Indaba! :joy:

Ha sorry bout that! I have a busy Saturday lined up already :stuck_out_tongue: