Hi everyone, below you will find the updates from the Desktop team from the last week.
If you’re interested in discussing a topic please start a thread in the Desktop area of the Community Hub (this site).
We also have our weekly meeting on IRC. We meet on Tuesday at 13:30 UTC in #ubuntu-desktop on Freenode. There will be an “Any Other Business” section at the end where you are welcome to raise topics. These topics might be discussed during the meeting, or afterwards depending on the time, depth of conversation, topic and so on.
Last week’s notes are here: Monday 26th November 2018
Next week’s note are here: Monday 10th December
No change on release bugs from last week.
Continue workig with Jean-Baptiste on new installer plan:
- Search through Curtin documentation and code for global structure and understands how the yaml definition work. How to skip the partitioner path for now, so that we can simply starts our test with “copy this there”.
- Proposed some changes (https://code.launchpad.net/~jibel/curtin/+git/add-layer-images-support/+merge/359761) for adding layers and sublayer support work.
- Fix some bugs that we spotted in livecd-rootfs (network-manager) while testing our own image.
- Tested installing ubuntu-desktop-minimal + language and ubuntu-desktop + language via a very simple, pre-partitioned target. We only provide a simple curtin.yaml definition with our patch, and it works \o/
- Look at ubiquity and some intermediate strategy to move some pieces from ubiquity to what is needed.
- Made the complete list of what curtin is missing for our desktop environment.
- Work on defining workflows for new user setup and secondary users/OEM via GNOME Initial Setup.
No rls bug assigned.
This was a short week, I was offline on Friday and Monday.
- fixed bug #1801383 (WifiSyslog apport hook), committed to bzr branches, will make it to the next firefox stable update
bug #1765304 (ibus package breaks password fields in Firefox): built test gnome-shell packages in a PPA with cherry-picked upstream commit and verified that this fixes the problem, submitted a merge request to prepare a bionic SRU
- updated dev to 72.0.3622.0
bug #1754671 in network-manager: still being tested from test PPA with 1.10.14, if conclusive we can consider SRUing
bug #1799230 in libreoffice: built in bionic-proposed, need to validate and update the autopkgtest hints
bug #1802208 in libreoffice: no progress since last week
bug #1803142 in libreoffice: in cosmic-proposed unapproved queue