Landscape 24.04 LTS Release Notes

Landscape 24.04 LTS Release Notes

Note: Landscape 24.04 LTS runs on Ubuntu 24.04 LTS Noble Numbat or 22.04 LTS Jammy Jellyfish.

Note: Database schema changes are required to upgrade to Landscape Server 24.04 LTS.

Highlights

Additional updates

• WSL: Update apache2 config template for Landscape Quickstart installations to use SSL/TLS on gRPC calls
  • Quickstart installation configures PostgreSQL max_connections and max_prepared_transactions

Bug fixes

• #2055348: Potential arbitrary execution in expandvars
  • #2057976: Ubuntu Pro info is not sent on registration
  • #2043035: Landscape UI lag
  • #2059194: OIDC login not working, not producing any errors
  • #2062561: There are no APT sources configured in /etc/apt/sources.list or /etc/apt/sources.list.d.
  • In the legacy API, add access_group parameter to EditUpgradeProfile
  • Fixed the database object crossing thread boundaries in gRPC activities
  • Fix with bpickle to guard against negative string/bytestring lengths
  • Fixed errors on Ubuntu Pro tab for Windows machines
  • Fixed startup errors when Pro Licenses are the only Licenses
  • Memory-usage improvements for landscape-appserver service
  • Extra prevention against invitation hijacking
  • Language improvements around allowlists and blocklists
  • WSL instances are deleted when hosts stop reporting them
  • Distribution information is provided for pending Windows machines
3 Likes

Is there instructions on how to upgrade from 23 anywhere?

2 Likes

I just installed the new landscape version on a fresh 24.04 Ubuntu Server, however, it’s still showing the old web interface. What has to be done to enable the new interface?

Ok got it. Thanks to the quickstart package not working, I installed it via the manual install, which documentation isn’t updated yet for the new version. To get to the new interface, find the apache template in /opt/canonical/landscape/standalone/templates/apache_default.tmpl, copy that to /etc/apache2/sites-available/landscape.conf and edit to your needs. Then go to (landscape-url)/new_dashboard and you get the new ui.

1 Like

Hey @daniel_souvignier! I’m glad you figured out a way to access the new portal! :blush: You can also access the new web portal from the old portal by clicking Repositories in the header (top of the page). This text may change in the future, though - it says Repositories for now because that was a major new feature in the portal (web-based repository management).

Yes, figured that out already. Thing is, when I tried that after first manual install, it got back at me with a 404. That was because the instructions in the documentation at https://ubuntu.com/landscape/docs/manual-installation are not updated yet with the correct configuration in the RewriteCond Statements. That’s when I searched for the config template in the installation files. So please update your documentation as soon as possible.

1 Like

Hi!

Is there a upgrade guide from earlier version? or are they in the works?
@yanisa-hs will support for Ansible be implemented in the future?

@teddy-skarin-krim @alslinet We don’t have an upgrade guide just yet, although one is planned.

And I’m not aware of plans to support Ansible, but Landscape does have its own remote script execution feature, see how to manage scripts.

@daniel_souvignier Got it - I’ll check in with the team on that. Thank you for your feedback and providing all the details!