Jammy Jellyfish 22.04 Wallpaper Competition!

UPDATE: Voting is closed! Winners will be announced soon - keep an eye on your e-mail for any requests for larger resolutions and/or license info!

It’s finally time to announce the 22.04 (Jammy Jellyfish) wallpaper competition. Woo! :partying_face:

Here’s how we’d like it to work (hint: it’s pretty much the same as 19.10 and 21.10):

• post your image into this thread.
  • if you’re looking for ideas or inspiration take a look at the 19.10 results or the 21.10 results
  • if you need to know more about what photographs work for wallpaper, read these helpful guidelines from GNOME. :framed_picture:
  • submit your original artwork/image by February 25

There are a few rules though. Please make sure you are happy to submit your work under these rules before you post it. Posting your images here indicates acceptance of the rules. :straight_ruler:

Ownership

The images you upload must be yours. If you see an image which you know to be misrepresented flag it and we will take care of it.

Size

You don’t have to upload the full size image to Discourse. In fact, if might be easier if you don’t, since this thread will become very slow to load. We will need an image of 3840x2160 px if you are selected for the top ten. If you are unable to provide an image of this size, we will be unable to include your wallpaper.

Quality

As mentioned above, the final image size needs to be 3840x2160 px. Images much smaller than this won’t scale up well. Equally, images with a lot of compression artifacts won’t look good. Check your images in a 1:1 view to be sure it is still sharp, and free of pixelation, chromatic aberation, and noise. Images that don’t meet quality standards will be unable to remain in the top ten.

Watermarking

All watermarks, names, logos, etc must be removed.

Licence

Your image(s) must licenced under the CC BY-SA 4.06 or CC BY 4.03 licence. If you do not specify a licence in your post then we will assume that you are are licensing the image under the CC BY-SA 4.0. By entering the competition you are agreeing to these licence terms.

There is more information available here:

UbuntuFreeCultureShowcase - Ubuntu Wiki

Voting

• Voting will begin when submissions are closed on February 25. We will link the poll in this post and advertise voting is open on Discourse, the Ubuntu Forums, and our social media platforms.

• Voting will close a week later on March 3.

• The 10 with the most votes will be featured here, on Ubuntu social media, and in a blog on ubuntu.com, and the top TWO submissions that have followed all rules above will make it into the 22.04 official release image! :part_alternation_mark:

• We’ll announce the winners on UbuntuOnAir after the polls close, we have verified the winning images, and before UI Freeze on March 17. :tv:

Get Creating and Start Submitting! :art: :camera_flash:

9 Likes

Good luck Jammy Jellyfish. Crafted using Blender

8 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Jellyfish Wallpaper Concepts

Here are my entries (I would put them in one post but it doesn’t let me because I’m a new user):

4 Likes

3 Likes

Good luck everyone!

4 Likes

Here are my submissions. These are the low-quality previews, you can access my Flicker album to access the full images here

All images are licenced under CC BY-SA 4.0

The Harvest

Driftwood

A Bird’s Eye View of Ladybower Reservoir

Good luck to everyone! This is fun to be a part of.

18 Likes

Hi people, my humble take on this.

Volcanic black sand beach

4 Likes

Hello guys, here are two images from my side. Both are under the CC BY-SA 4.06 license.

Interference
This image may look like it’s generated by a computer, but it’s a real photograph. Sunlight is reflecting from the thousands of pixels of my mobile phone screen and interfering to create this beautiful pattern.

Soap bubble!
This is another interference pattern created by light reflecting from the two boundaries of a soap bubble. Kinda has some jelly-fish like structures too, don’t you think?

13 Likes

For the ubuntu fans + chess fans like me.

Created with:
Alibre Design
Keyshot
Illustrator
Photoshop

6 Likes

Sunset through a grain field, Wyoming.

13 Likes

Idaho Sunset

5 Likes

Mount Moran, Wyoming

15 Likes

Hi, I will post 3 photos this time as well.

Sunrise and White-tailed eagle

8 Likes

Deer with Shiretoko mountain range

8 Likes

Lake mashu

3 Likes

Grand Tetons, Snake River Overlook, Wyoming

11 Likes

Volcano Vesuvius night from above

4 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Jellyfish Wallpaper Concepts