Addons can be used to customise the images used for the containers. An addon has hooks that are invoked at various points in the life cycle of a container. Addons are created independently and can be attached to individual applications.
See Addons for more information and a complete reference on addons. Follow the Create an addon tutorial to learn how to write a simple addon.
You can use addons to, for example:
- Enable SSH access for automation tools (see Create an addon)
- Set up user-specific data when starting an application (see How to restore data)
- Install additional tools in the container (see Example: Install tools)
- Back up data when the container is stopping (see Example: Back up data)
- Configure the Android system before running the application (see Example: Customise Android)
- Provide support for other platforms (see Example: Emulate platforms)
If you have used addons before Anbox Cloud 1.12, see the migration guide to update your addons to use the new hooks.