Desktop Team Integration Squad Updates – Monday 1st April 2024

Hi everyone, below you will find updates from the Desktop team’s Integration squad from the last week. If you’re interested in discussing a topic please start a thread in the Desktop area of Discourse.

Last week’s notes are here: Desktop Team Integration Squad Updates – Monday 25th March 2024

1 Like
5 Likes
  • Split the deb and fwupd support in the GNOME Software app to separate packages and requested a Feature Freeze Exception to get this into Ubuntu 24.04 LTS
  • Lots of GNOME 46.0 packaging
  • Updated some Ubuntu-packaged GNOME Shell extensions for GNOME 46
  • Updated GNOME Shell in Debian Experimental to 46

• debhelper 13.15 was uploaded with my proposal to enable auto features for meson packages when used with the still-experimental debhelper compat 14
  • webkit2gtk 2.44 was uploaded to Debian Unstable and Ubuntu 24.04 LTS, dropping the old 4.0 API packages
  • Cinnamon 6 was uploaded to Debian Unstable, partially at my prompting that it did not need to wait for the 32-bit time_t transition to complete first

• Reverted my bootstrap changes in Debian now that the time_t transition is much further along there
  • We have replaced Cheese with Snapshot as a basic webcam app in the “full” Ubuntu 24.04 LTS install
  • Probably other interesting changes but I have hundreds of upload emails in my inbox for the past few days with much of the time_t transition migrating out of noble-proposed, reuploads of the past month for xz-utils mitigation, and uploads preparing for Beta Freeze
5 Likes