Desktop suggestions

I can’t seem to create a “new” message so I’ll reply here. (Sorry)

I wanted to make a few comments/suggestions on what I think would improve the Desktop experience:

• When unmounting a USB disk in Nautilus it would be nice to have some visual indication in Nautilus that it is still writing to disk. If you close the popup indicator you don’t know when it is done.
  • Restart show be an option from the Power Off / Log Out menu. Having to click Power Off and then select Restart is annoying (to me).

I’m excited to use this Desktop for the next 2 years! Thanks for all the work ya’ll do!

1 Like

When unmounting a USB disk in Nautilus it would be nice to have some visual indication in Nautilus that it is still writing to disk. If you close the popup indicator you don’t know when it is done.

Clicking the eject button in the Nautilus left pane should make it obvious if the drive is still busy (does it?). Alternatively, if you want to find out if any drive is still busy you can run “sync” in a Terminal which won’t return/complete until all disk writes everywhere are finished.

Restart show be an option from the Power Off / Log Out menu. Having to click Power Off and then select Restart is annoying (to me).

Yes I agree. Please join the bug about that.

6 Likes

It is not obvious… to me anyway. Besides, having an estimated time to completion indicator would be nice too (if possible).

A post was split to a new topic: Separate background image for lockscreen

A post was split to a new topic: Desktop file management