Ready to try out Ubuntu Core?
This tutorial will guide you through the steps required to create your own Ubuntu Core image, with your own selection of snaps, and install it on a Raspberry Pi.
Here’s what you’ll need for the tutorial
- a basic understanding of Linux and the command line
- a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (any model)
- 4GB+ microSD card
- keyboard and display (for setup only)
- Ethernet or wireless network connectivity
- Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (Focal Fossa) or later
- 10GB of free storage space
- a microSD card reader
- access to the internet
The above requirements are specific to this tutorial. Other distributions can be used, and other platforms are supported. See Supported platforms for details.
Here’s an overview of the steps required with links to our separate tutorials that deal with each individual step:
- 1. Create an Ubuntu One account
- 2. Create the model assertion
- 3. Sign the model assertion
- 4. Build and write the image
- 5. Boot the image