About the Introductions category

Hello. want to be freelancer. Hobbyreading :innocent:

1 Like

Hello Everyone, I have been a long time user of Ubuntu both for personal and work purposes. I am a software developer and integrator, who worked mainly with C, C++, Qt and GIT for multimedia receiver platforms. I am hoping to find and join the community for contributing towards Mir development and packaging.
Thank you.

1 Like

Hi there. I am new here. I am based in South Africa. I work for Tshwane University of Technology. I am in the Faculty of Information Technology. I am here to learn more. Thank you! Nceba

1 Like

Hello. I am new to Discourse, but not new to ubuntu. My main reason for being here is to try and gain ubuntu membership so I can resurrect the ubuntu-UK community page. Though I am not sure that will not be enough to gain ubuntu membership. I also avidly test the ubuntu daily builds.

1 Like

I’m Lydia and I just started developing so I am trying to learn everything I can.

1 Like

Hello, I’m Usman. I am new to Ubuntu Discourse but not new to Ubuntu. I test Ubuntu on new hardware particularly the risc-v based systems. Recently, I ran Ubuntu on Hifive Unmatched board with Nvidia GPU. Looking forward contribute to the project.

Hi everyone! This is my first time on Ubuntu discourse and I am pleased to be here! I am a candidate for a project management role at Canonical. I have been encouraged to come introduce myself here in order to meet other canonicalers and volunteers so as to build a working relationship.

I am a huge linux fan and have made it my hobby to partition my machines to run different Ubuntu distros. In my professional life, during my helpdesk days, I monitored and managed labs running linux operating systems with different flavours of Ubuntu. I believe open source is the way to go.

Many years ago, I attempted to make my own customized linux from scratch by following a set of documentations, however, I didn’t complete that project. Recently, I have slowly started getting back into the hobby of teaching myself ethical hacking again and I have been playing with different linux distros. I am looking forward to going back to working with open source more regularly.

Hello, I’m Mark. I am new to Ubuntu Discourse. I want to start contributing by translating documentation and the OS and then, maybe, start programming a bit.

Hi, I am Phil and I am also new to Linux and Ubuntu. I am very interested in Ubuntu and I look forward for interesting discussions here :smile:

Hi everyone,

I’m Afreez from Mini Pupper robot team.
Mini Pupper is an Open-Source, Ubuntu, ROS Robot Kit, it will akme AI robotics much easier for schools, enthusiasts, and beyond.
We have 2 workshops, welcome to join us!

For more information, pleaser refer to the below links, thanks!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/336477435/mini-pupper-2-open-source-ros2-robot-kit-for-dreamers

https://www.mangdang.net/

If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know.
Best,
Mini Pupper Team

3 Likes

Hi Everyone. I applied for a position at Canonical and got invited to join here. I won’t say I am new to Ubuntu but i am sure i can learn loads about it. I have installed it a couple times om my pc in the past couple of years to experiment with it a bit and really enjoyed the stability. I’m a financial analyst by trade and a newby SQL coder but looking to broaden my horizons.

Hi all,
I am Gauthier. I work for Canonical on the Public Cloud team. I try to make Ubuntu the best Linux distro on Azure.

2 Likes

Hello everyone!
Wow, I’ve been using Ubuntu since it was created, and somehow I completely missed this entire community. I’m currently applying for a Community Engineer position, so I thought it was a good idea to get more familiar with Canonical’s website – and here I am! I’m so happy that Canonical is investing more in its community outreach.
I started working a few years back on trying to get a local developer group going in my area, since the closest in person groups are more than an hour away. I’ll be sure to introduce people to the Ubuntu Community as well. Oh, and applying to the Community Engineer position realized I really need to participate more than an occasional bug report. LOL… I only recently got serious about software development, but I’m sure I’ll soon find ways to contribute better.

Hello All!

I am very excited to be write my first post. This is my first visit to Ubuntu Discourse. I am a Product Manager with a Software Engineering background. I have been using Ubuntu for a while and I would like to become part of the team (as a contributor or in becoming a part of Canonical).

Wish you all a happy and fruitful day!

2 Likes

Hello

I am not new to ubuntu, but am new’ish to the community pages. I am not a coder, but I am an avid user of ubuntu and ubuntu based distros. My main reason for wanting to be involved in ubuntu is to help on the community side, the social side etc. I am trying to resurrect ubuntu-uk, but am happy in sharing my ubuntu usage on social media. Hope you all have a great week and year ahead. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi, everyone!

This is my first article to Ubuntu Discourse. I started using 18.04 LTS several years ago.
But this year, Ubuntu come to me special.
I was one of Ubuntu ASIA 2022 organizers, and Planning this event was meaningful to meet Ubuntu lovers In-person.

Best Regards :laughing:

1 Like

Hi all!

I’m Jack, long-time Linux user and aspiring Linux platform developer. I’m currently a candidate for the Canonical team as an embedded & desktop Linux systems engineer and I have a couple years of experience in the embedded software development industry.

I hope I can contribute to both small and big Canonical projects in the future!

3 Likes

Would like to start contributing to open source - really any community. I’m most familiar with Python, Javascript, and C. Seems like Ubuntu has a VERY healthy/vibrant development community. Would like to collaborate and start increasing my Linux/bug-identifying/software-writing skills.

1 Like

Hello all, my name is Joe, and I am extremely interested in a dev role at Canonical. According to the advice given, this is the place to begin. I’m new to the discourse here as well as to ubuntu. so I am here to sponge knowledge everwhere possible.

Hello everybody,
I am a Londoner who transitioned to Ubuntu after a distro-hopping session of

1. Ubuntu
  2. Kubuntu
  3. KDE Neon
  4. Opensuse Tumbleweed
  5. Manjaro
  6. Arch (Too rocky and hard to keep on reinstalling every month)
  7. Parabola (When I shunned proprietary firmware)
  8. Guix
  9. Debian Sid (Actually nice but unstable)
  10. Pop!_OS (Really good but no 22.10)
  11. Ubuntu again

Due to my experience with these distros, I have lots of experience with shells, shell scripts and those config files.

BTW, Do new users have to gain some kind of status in order to be able to post a new post?