Yaru in the snap store

The snap is now building again (switching to the stable snapcraft docker image). And we are ready (if you want) to have releases now!.

More info on https://github.com/ubuntu/yaru/pull/784 and https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/permission-denied-when-building-with-snapcore-snapcraft/7186.

FYI, on the next release time, I’ll sync a cosmic upload.

4 Likes

I new that :D, but I thought that the after_build part was done inside the container. Good news now it’s fixed :wink:

1 Like

OK releasing now. The PR that are waiting, will be released next week

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ (this is more than 20 characters now ;))

2 Likes

The initial issue returned. Basically it never went away.
@madsrh or any other not code contributor can’t test any of the PRs. If one manually restarts the build for like 20-30 times then maaaaybe it succeeds. But mostly not.

2 Likes

Yeah, that wasn’t to “fix” the rev issue, but only the fact that snapcraft docker image was broken. The other long-standing issue a store/snapcraft one and can only be resolved by discussing on the snapcraft forum.

Since we released the last stable less then a week ago and that UI Freeze is around the corner, what do you think about pushing usual release date to tomorrow?

What I’d really like to have is gtk2 work from @mozit and the dark switch refinement (which is in PR right now)

3 Likes

Fully agreed on both points :wink:

2 Likes

I won’t probably be able to merge gtk2 dark patch before tomorrow morning, so, unless we have some new patches from suru icon repo, I think I will wait for the latest build and then I do the last stable release tonight

I’m unsure about releasing the dark theme for 18.10 then. All Qt apps will have a light theme as remember that they are using GTK2 and I don’t think we want to trigger questions like “why is this app dark and this one light?”. Does it make sense?

1 Like

1 Like

The only other way would have to be having this GTK2 dark theme ready for tomorrow, or get a UIF exception next week. But it doesn’t seem that the GTK2 dark theme is close to be ready (reading the other thread), isn’t it? :confused:

I’ll still prepare the build system to be able to output both themes (just won’t install in the deb or snap the other one)

2 Likes

It does make sense, unfortunately.
I am sorry, but I’m really short on time to work on dark gtk2 today (I’ll try btw, but still cannot garantee it)

1 Like

Some good news on the snap front!

I just pushed some cleanups/fixes on https://github.com/ubuntu/yaru/pull/826 (and will soon merge it). This + yesterday’s @oSoMoN’s fixes makes gtk-common-themes now pulling Yaru in addition to communitheme for other snaps on cosmic.
There are also some updates for recent snapcraft version.

Also, the SnapRev issue should now be fixed (https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/snaprevs-update-failed/7106/10). If you spot any of them, please raise it again on that thread, but I didn’t notice any yet :wink:

3 Likes

release day! :tada:

6 Likes

Hi all!

I won’t be able to do the next week stable release (October 1st) because I’ll be in Milan for my long-awaited back surgery :smiley: (no worries, not a big deal, just last weeks were a bit complicated).

If @merlijn-sebrechts is not available as well, should we give this superpowers :robot: to someone else in the team?

2 Likes

Buona convalescenza!!!
:sunny: :ok_hand::four_leaf_clover:

I have no idea how this all works. If it’s as simple as merging in Git I could make it :open_mouth:
But the best would be @didrocks

Buona convalescenza!!!

LOL, thanks :wink:

I have no idea how this all works. If it’s as simple as merging in Git I could make it

kind of

Some quick instructions how to do it:

First time:

install snapcraft
ensure you are logged in via `$ snapcraft login`

Then, everytime you want to promote the currently tested snap

$ snap info communitheme # to check which snap revision you are running on

publish that revision to stable channel (and candidate/beta if anyone is using it) via:

$ snapcraft release <revision-number> stable,edge

revision-number is the the one of the edge channel

you can rerun snap info to ensure everything went alright :slight_smile:

1 Like

If the testing and +1 is done by @frederik-f or others, I’m happy to do the “release” itself.

4 Likes

@frederik-f: tell me once I have your +1 to release Yaru :slight_smile: