Weekly status for the week of 3rd July to 9th July.
This past week has primarily been focused on moving LXD to Canonical.
- Fixed an issue where LXD would fail starting if it was configured with OIDC but the OIDC server was down.
- Fixed an issue where running VMs would raise an error if a profile was added to them containing container-only configuration keys.
- Fixed an issue where hot unplugging directory shares from VMs would cause the VM to hang.
- Fixed an issue where the instance type of instances on offline cluster members would be empty instead of
virtual-machine, which caused the output of
lxc listto show the VMs on the offline member(s) as containers.
- Fixed an issue where the target volume would be removed on error when performing a refresh copy between ZFS pools which would prevent future volume refreshes.
- Fixed an issue where a cluster group would be removed before adding new members to it, causing a
- Fixed an issue where the LXD would lower the MTU on the host bridge based on the
mtusetting of the instance NIC. This could cause packet loss when the
mtuof the bridge was set higher than some of the instances connected to it.
The items listed below is all of the work which happened over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- Some functions in the client/lxd.go file were missing the documentation headings
- Added a heading in the client/operations.go file that was missing
- doc/cloud-init: fix link to cloud-init docs
- Disk: Disable directory disk hot plugging from VMs
- oidc: Don’t fail if server is not reachable
- Fix LXD lowering host bridge MTU
- Added a heading in the client/lxd_candid.go file that was missing
- Added a heading in the client/lxd_containers.go file that was missing
- Added headings in the client/lxd_instances.go file that were missing
- doc: add an example of a VM launch with a bigger root disk
- doc: Fix typo in edit a profile section
- VM: Ignore container config keys
- doc: add a 404 page
- doc: update links
- SECURITY.md: update security policy
- actions: fix main branch name in GitHub check
- Go Module rename
- doc: update header for mobile compatibility
- code of conduct: update email address
- Fix linkcheck
- Added function headings in multiple files of the client directory with multiple commits
- Cluster: Remove obsolete group delete/create for PUT endpoint
sysinfosystem call header level
- Update bug address in .po files
- Added multiple headings in the the files of doc/LXC directory
- lxd/instance/drivers: Update system unit documentation
- github: Move documentation and lxc client builds into test workflow
- github: Add manually dispatch launchpad workflow
- Added headings in the files of the LXC directory
- Add instance type to instances of offline cluster members
- Storage: Don’t delete the target root volume when migrating between ZFS pools
- Nothing to report this week
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXD as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- Nothing to report this week
- Cherry-picked fix for https://github.com/canonical/lxd/pull/11919 into