🗳️ VOTE - Oracular Oriole Wallpaper Competition

:ballot_box: It’s time to vote for your favorite Oracular Oriole Wallpapers!

Thank you to all the incredible artists, photographers and pixel wizards who shared your talent with us!

We’ve got some superb submissions to celebrate our 20th anniversary! The photographers in our community provided some really stunning shots and our digital artists never fail to dazzle with their skills.

Now it’s your turn to help choose which artwork will make it into the final release of Ubuntu 24.10! Below you will find polls for each of the wallpaper categories. Vote for your favorite entries from each and stay tuned for the final results on August 16th.

Voting for the Mascot Category
Voting for the Digital Art / Abstract Category
Voting for the Photography Category
Voting for the 20th Anniversary Category

Tip: If you need a better look at the entries, you can Right Click on them and Select Open Image in New Tab or view them on the submission topic.

9 Likes
Mascot Category
0 voters
1 Like
Digital / Abstract Category
  • orbitelambda - Sonnenunt rgang am
  • orbitelambda - Einsamer Raum
  • orbitelambda - Morgen in der KĂĽche
  • orbitelambda - Arizona Nacht
  • orbitelambda - Winter Park
  • orbitelambda - Puste eine Löwenzahn
  • meetdilip - Flow of colours
0 voters
Photography Category
0 voters
20th Anniversary Category
0 voters
3 Likes

@aaronprisk: where it says “Votes are public”, is that required?

Not required. We just have it enabled for the contests for transparency sake and to prevent “vote stuffing” from newly made accounts.

4 Likes

Have voted earlier today (saw this in this weeks Ubuntu Newsletter) from yesterday evening :slight_smile: :ballot_box: :ballot_box_with_check:

3 Likes

Time is up and we have our winners! :star:
Thank you to everyone who participated and helped us celebrate this very special 20th anniversary release.

It’s my great pleasure to announce our winning submissions:

Category Submission Author
Mascot :star:WINNER - Oriole Mascot @moskalenko-v
Mascot :star:WINNER - The Oracular Oriole @meetdilip
Digital Art :star:WINNER - Einsamer Raum @orbitelambda
Digital Art :star:WINNER - Arizona Nacht @orbitelambda
Photography :star:WINNER - schabing - 2 @schabing
Photography :star:WINNER - Sunset @gafreax
20th Anniversary :star:WINNER - Legacy (Light/Dark) @aaronprisk
20th Anniversary :star:WINNER - Warty Remastered @romactu1

In the next few days, we’ll be adding the wallpapers to the ubuntu-wallpapers package. Also keep an eye out on Ubuntu Blog | Ubuntu for a reveal of the release wallpaper together with these amazing winners!

Thank you to everyone who participated, and we look forward to seeing you in the community.

12 Likes

Thanks all for the votes. Congrats to all the winners :slight_smile:

Huge thanks to all participants and their wonderful entries. :trophy:

8 Likes

10 000 x 5 600
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D8Qbd0DwPX9IKHS8DVPvdDfjQpKDntMv/view?usp=drive_link
‪10 000 x 5 600
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16GdnFs4byt4B-Bn5H_6QJsPvBco4V10T/view?usp=drive_link

5 Likes

Well in the next few weeks, our wallpapers that are voted a winner will be included with ubuntu-wallpapers package. My Warty Remastered wallpaper will be the perfect example for some people including Joey from OMG! Ubuntu on reviewing Ubuntu 24.10, this is awesome.

I’ll get ready for my thoughts about that.

7 Likes

I have shared the original image through Google Drive.

4 Likes

Joey from OMG! Ubuntu finally sees my Warty Wallpaper but it was included as JPG file (It will increase band) instead of as PNG file.

So to remedy that, I created the package called Ubuntu 24.10+ to get a PNG version if you want. It also includes Legacy Plymouth, Ubuntu 12.04 wallpaper and Ubuntu Warty Remastered shutdown sound.

Is to enjoy with Ubuntu’s 20th Anniversary more than ever.

2 Likes

That link is private, but also this needs to be tracked as a bug in ubuntu-wallpapers.

1 Like

Hello vanvugt

Sorry for an error :cry:, I’ll remedy that to allow you to download it and try it.
Go visit, click on “Ubuntu 24.10+ Package” and click on Download. Done.