Hello folks, some of you might heared about our election news via UWN Issue 810.
Today, I would like to share some updates since we made announcement within Korean LoCo regarding the new Korean LoCo representative election.
- The election is currently underway. We already received and reviewed candidate applications, and initiated voting using CIVS. The voting period is 2023-11-30T15:00:00Z→2023-12-14T14:59:59Z
- We have only one candidate on this election: Junsang Moon
- Discourse @moonjs, Launchpad Junsang Mun in Launchpad
- He’ve been involved as UbuCon Asia 2022 volunteer and contributed on organizing L10n workshop, UbuCon Korea 2023 and also on many other areas such as internal LoCo documentations.
- He’s main pledges are to making in-person activities more active and frequent on non-capital regions. And bringing more people to the community with diverse background by organizing workshop (or Hands on Lab) events with many different topics and difficulty level.
- Voting result will be published on 2023-12-14T15:00:00Z and if there’s no objection received, Announcement of decision on elected candidate will be made on 2023-12-16T15:00:00Z
- The term of Korean LoCo representative is 2 years. And the term for 7th representative will be 2023-12-19T15:00:00Z→2025-12-18T15:00:00Z
If you would like to learn more details about our representative election, You may check out our election voting reminder announcement on Korean LoCo discourse. (It’s written in Korean of course, you may try online translator to understand)