Ubuntu 23.10 Beta Testing

Can’t search for Deb package in the app center

1 Like

Not only the change between dark and light theme does not work, but also the color variations have no effect on the gnome-panel.

2 Likes

Yes, right, and there’s also a bug report on this issue:

1 Like

In the previous versions of Ubuntu, the pills in the quick settings menu were rendered in somewhat paled out color. It was really great looking. Now in mantic, the pills are displayed with the pure orange color, which looks too contrasty. Is it an intended design solution or the theme is not yet tuned?

It is intended design. https://github.com/ubuntu/yaru/pull/3974

It really doesn’t look too good with the white background although in the dark theme it looks really nice. Much better than the previous “brown”. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@joshi811, thanks for the response and sharing the link.
OK, tastes differ) Just for the record, I like the previous design more. Will have to get used to the new one :slight_smile:

1 Like

At the moment GNOME is very ok :wink: .
(I do not use Ubuntu extensions.)

But what a Nvidia (latest 535) disaster on my Legion laptop (sorry I do respect all the work done but that’s a simple fact here):

• on-demand: launch with dedicated gpu is not offered (since kernel 6.5.rc1 or rc2), external displays are not offered neither (that’s pita at work + same issue with Nouveau)
  • nvidia only: X11 session is ok, Wayland session is awful (but I always feel that Wayland behaves way better in GNOME, gestures and many little things)

at least

I’m technically a Lubuntu tester, but things appear to be going quite well.

(Lubuntu is Ubuntu, just with different defaults.)

I can spin up an Ubuntu VM if needed for extra testing.

1 Like

Other Nvidia (535)/X11 bug (don’t know if this is related to X11 session only or Nvidia+X11):

• log out
  • launch Logs app or Terminal
  • wait
  • wait
  • wait
  • Logs or Terminal does open

I noticed that at least VS code (snap) does not hit this issue because I believed that my extension (https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/6310/window-title-is-back/) I was testing was faulty and I spent some hours to see that it was unrelated… Does not happen using Wayland (but…).

We hooked up weblate last week, so we’ll release a new version of the App Center this week which will have translations.

3 Likes

You should be able to find debs. I’ll look into this Monday.

1 Like

That’s related?

1 Like

Potentially. The latest (unpublished) builds moved error messages into dialogs, improved logging and now have more translations. So I wouldn’t expect to see this once published.

I noticed, during crawling into Ubuntu’s github, that Loupe is available as a snap.
v45 candidate does not work (error message gives the reason)
v44.2 stable seems to work nicely

But vs eog it does not offer to see photos in complete fullscreen.

Side question: if I use a GNOME app snap like Loupe, where can I find its dconf keys ?

1 Like

Ubuntu 23.10 with latest 6.5 kernel is freezing randomly, causing loss of work, in relation with and amdgpu bug.
Same behavior in Ubuntu 22.04.3 with latest 6.2 kernel.
I have this bug on my Thinkpad P14s AMD Gen1 (AMD Ryzen Pro 4750u)

It’s reproduced randomly when using firefox and wanting to see videos or loading multiple tabs.
I encountered this bug when using the steam snap too.

It’s a regression from 6.1 OEM kernel for 22.04.3.

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/2447

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/-/issues/2830

Thank you,

1 Like

Can’t see installed Deb packages in the app center.
On the app center I select ‘Manage’ and sort for ‘Most recently updated’ I don’t see the many Deb packages I have just installed.

I am using the Mantic on a VM. Every once in a while, I get a black screen while rebooting ( possibly after an update ). I have to send the shutdown signal in VirtualBox and start it again to get Mantic working.

It looks like this bug:

If it is indeed so, then it has been fixed and the fix has been recently released.

Concerning the App Center, it is translated now after update and search for the Debian packages works. Thanks to everyone involved!

When compressing or transferring files, Nautilus does not show the progress indicator (circular).