Mir 2.13.0 Release
We’re pleased to announce the release of Mir 2.13.0.
This release brings some updates to the versions of Wayland protocols (wl_output and XDG shell) and a bunch of features around display configuration.
Mir has long supported a
.display configuration file for specifying one or more layouts of screens. This has been enhanced to:
- inititialise the content of this file with alternative layouts;
- pick up changes to the file without restarting the server; and,
- allow changing the selection of alternative layouts (also without restarting the server)
- mirplatform ABI bumped to 25
- Document that extension filter callbacks are called multiple times
- [miral] Automate reloading display configuration
- [miral] Add a side-by-side layout to the .display configuration
- [miral] Add a .display-layout configuration file
- [miral] Provide output names
- [miral] Add an API for adding custom attributes to outputs
- [platform] Display: Remove register_pause_resume_handlers
- [platforms] Sensible output names on kms based platforms. (Fixes: #2815)
- [Wayland] bump wl_output to version 4 (Fixes #2792)
- [Wayland] Detect cyclic parent-child relationships
- [Wayland] Bump XDG shell stable protocol to version 5 (Fixes #2778)
- [console] Set the logind session(Fixes: #2833)
- Recomposite when display configuration changes need it. (Fixes: #2807)
- Implement XDG poup constraint adjustment support. (Fixes #2857)
Mir 2.13.0 is available as a source tarball and the Mir PPAs .