Patch Pilot Hand-off 24.04

Sponsored fsvs, dotnet8 and lcov. Also investigated gettext which sadly had already been sponsored without git-ubuntu.

Looked at openssh, cinder and mutter but didn’t feel up to reviewing those more complex merges today.

Short flight today:

• Sponsored google-guest-agent for @kajiya on Friday(?), looks like @ahasenack sponsored a followup with some minor tweaks. I’ve reviewed those tweaks and now understand what I was missing on my end; thanks for the followup, I’ll be happy to sponsor the SRUs too if needed.
  • I’ll volunteer to take ruby3.1, assuming @adrien can come up with a followup diff. :smile:
  • Sponsored linux-media-player for sudip, that’s in the Jammy queue.

I’d recommend python-uefivars as a starting point for the next pilot.

Thanks!

1 Like

Many things from the sponsoring report are currently in-flight and I was mostly side-tracked helping out with the time_t transition NMUs in Debian, so didn’t get a lot of stuff done, but at least I could clean up a little bit:

• MP#458934: Clear onionshare vs python-werkzeug 3.0 MP, it has been resolved via Debian experimental
  • MP#458931: Clear lektor vs python-werkzeug 3.0 MP, it has been resolved via Debian unstable
  • MP: #458533: Reviewed, will sponsor once it’s ready to go

Minor housekeeping on open bugs and MPs. Open context:

IRC activity: handover comments between pilots. No users’ questions/requests.

1 Like
  • Looked through the walinuxagent merge, but it seems Lucas has things well in hand there, and given the complexity of the patch I’m inclined to wait for his review of Calvin’s recent revision before taking any further action.
  • LP: #2039037 – Reviewed optee-test-s32 and left some suggestions and requests
  • LP: #2034650 – Reviewed and sponsored uboot-s32 with some minor adjustments to the changelog
  • Skipped the no-esm merges as those are pending reviews from specific interested parties
  • LP: #2051908 – Reviewed; pending concerns from prior reviewers, unsubscribed ubuntu-sponsors until these are addressed
  • LP: #2051270 – Reviewed and sponsored sysdig SRU
  • LP: #2040059 – Reviewed and intending to sponsor sagemath pending a local build; would be a no-change rebuild but for a horrid need to bump the arbitrary “tolerated build failures” number (but given that’s already 200 (!) by default, and the application is in a completely-broken-won’t-even-launch state, what’s 30 more … urgh!)

Started this at 47 items, with lots over 1 week or even 2 weeks old…

Then I ran out of the allocated time so no more :frowning:

Extra sponsoring post shift for Foundations uploads to get queue size more managable:

Syncs I did after, out of order:

• Mark pexpect as ‘Fix Released’, already got sync’ed
  • Sync libunivalue from unstable, delta applied in Debian
  • Sync spirv-tools from unstable, delta applied in Debian
  • Sync digimend-dkms from unstable, delta applied in Debian
  • Sync cpp-httplib from unstable, delta not needed any more
  • Review & sponsor lptools, incl. git-ubuntu history
  • Review & sponsor vtun fix
    • Also sponsor corresponding SRUs to Mantic, Jammy, Focal
  • Unsubscribing ~ubuntu-sponsors from ncurses fix, which already got sponsored
  • Unsubscribing ~ubuntu-sponsors from faketime fix, which already got sponsored
  • Review, fixup & sponsor asterisk-espeak fix
  • Unsubscribing ~ubuntu-sponsors from gdb fix, which already got sponsored by doko
  • Quick initial feedback on newt merge
  • Review & sponsor digimend-dkms SRU for Jammy
  • Unsubscribe ~ubuntu-sponsors from openjfx FTBFS, which already got fixed

Kudos to Sudip Mukherjee for preparing some very nice patches!

+1 on Sudip Mukherjee preparing great patches!

• Review and sponsor of walinuxagent MP.
  • Review of pmount MP.
  • Review of dart et all package updates proposed in this LP bug.
  • Started to review the lcm update proposed here but this is a big change, no time to finish it.

Handover context: @bluca is likely to provide more info, we should look at the bug/MP again.

• libapache2-mod-python MP 460705 this was fixed in Debian and sync’d, claimed the review and marked ‘Disapprove’
  • wrk LP: #2026760 already sponsored, unsubscribed ubuntu-sponsors
  • alsa-ucm-conf LP: #2051199 already sponsored, unsubscribed ubuntu-sponsors
  • postgresql-14 LP: #1953128 bot recently decided attachment was a debdiff, even though it was already sponsored in 2021, marked the attachment ‘not a patch’ and unsubscribed ubuntu-sponsors
  • fontconfig MP 461026 already sponsored, claimed the review and marked ‘Approve’
  • btas LP: #2055063 / MP 461276 reviewed and sponsored
  • pmount MP 461166 reviewed and commented
  • LP: #2054832: was already sponsored. Removed ubuntu-sponsors and marked bug as fix committed.
  • LP: #2054681: post-FF console-setup merge from debian. Marked as incomplete. Left comments in the linked MP.
  • LP: #2055088: incomplete. Very poor bug description for someone who is not familiar with the desktop packages structure (me) to understand. UPDATE: looks good, but this needs an MP against the upstream project (this is a native package with VCS elsewhere), and then an ubuntu upload.
  • LP: #2049217: asked some questions in the MP and marked as incomplete.
  • LP: #2053256: needs feature-freeze exception. Unsubscribed sponsors.
  • LP: #2054151: synced from debian, is in noble-proposed, adjusted bug tasks and unsubscribed ubuntu-sponsors
  • ppa-purge DEB822 fix: nice, and I was hit by this bug multiple times in my workflow. Left a suggestion to add some logging. Cringe, this is an old package, claims to be native, but has ubuntu suffix. Pretending I didn’t see it… UPDATE: sponsored
  • LP: #2047298: fix for a package that is in noble-proposed since October 2023. I’m reluctant to sponsor it without a few more checks, since it will trigger a mini transition (one rdep only, but still). Left a comment in the bug.
  • LP: #2054477: needs an FFe now. Left instructions and unsubscribed ubuntu-sponsors.
  • LP: #2052575 – debdiffs don’t contain anything useful as it’s a binary-blob package; requested PPA/git repo with proper packaging source. Targetted, but left marked incomplete
  • LP: #1971094 – another excellent submission from Sudip, patch looks good, SRU template is well filled in; sponsored
  • LP: #2047298 – I think @vpa1977’s proposed MP looks a slightly neater fix here; started a PPA (ppa:waveform/ghdl) to try out Andreas’ suggestion of a test-build of yosys-plugin-ghdl with the proposed ghdl
  • LP: #2029314 – looked at the SRU patches; all looks good but the noble build’s being affected by the t64 work; not much more to do here until some of that clears
  • LP: #2043448 – autopkgtest needs some work, licensing probably needs revising to GPL-3; unsubscribed sponsors until ready for review again
  • LP: #2039036 – packaging needs some small tweaks (version, changelog, one entry in copyright), but small enough that I’m just going to do them during sponsorship, assuming nothing else pops out at me
  • LP: #2052575: bug was marked incomplete but sponsors still subscribed. Unsubscribed sponsors to take it off list until comments addressed.
  • LP: #2051895: previous review comments addressed, sponsored to noble. Marked incomplete for stable series, pending improvement of the test case.
  • LP: #2047298: sponsored, clear case of a bugfix for a build failure in noble-proposed.
  • LP: #2054390: per submitter, blocked awaiting upstream feedback on the patch. Marked incomplete.
  • new openssl point release: commented that this should be deferred until after t64 transition. Have since retracted this comment privately, since time_t is going to take a while to settle out.