Category: Abstract/LowPoly/Cubism
License: CC BY-SA 4.0

12 Likes

cc by-sa 4.0 licence
abstract

1 Like

The numbats have gone all exponential on us. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here’s my humble request for a minimalistic+dark version, such as the fantastic Focal “dark”!

Hello !

My contribution - nature category

CC BY-SA 4.0

6 Likes

dificult to make but briliant why? is very nice but not is beauty, is my opinion

1 Like

1 Like

I don’t understand well what falls into the Other category. Is it also digital art or should it be photos that don’t show nature?
Also I don’t know how to work with Blender but I would love to see some 3D wallpapers, maybe those would fall under the other category.

Hello @lapisdecor

I think it depends on your subject. Other category is a photo whose subject is not Nature.
Examples: A vehicle (bicycle, car, motorcycle boat), a building (house, temple, castle, hotel), etc. even if they are surrounded by Nature or not, what matters is your subject.
I saw a lot of beautiful photos in this thread that could completely be in the Other category and possibly be selected but they were posted as Nature. :blush:

The other two categories depend if your photo, digital or traditional art, abstract or not contains a Numbat (the mascot) or not. If it does is Mascot category if it doesn’t is Digital/Abstract Art.
3D should follow the same rules as these last two categories.

In Resume:
Category Nature: Photo whose subject is Nature
Category Other: Photo whose subject is NOT Nature
Category Mascot: Photo or Art (Digital: 2D/3D or Traditional but not AI Generated) whose subject is the Ubuntu’s release mascot, this case the Numbat)
Category Digital/Abstract Art: Photo or Art (Digital: 2D/3D or Traditional but not AI Generated) whose subject is NOT the Ubuntu’s release mascot, this case the Numbat)

@aaronprisk please correct me if I’m wrong. This is what I understood. I don’t want to pass the wrong information. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I think you are right but there should be a 3D category. This is fun, I just started learning blender because of it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Abstract Art/3D
title: wall ball 2

4 Likes

2 Likes

Couldn’t resist all the inspiration in this thread. Tried another mascot model. Hope you will like it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Title: Glass Wave 1
Author: Alastair Temple
Category: Abstract/Digital
License: CC BY-SA 4.0

Light Mode:

9 Likes

And because I am new and can only imbed one image in a post, here is the dark mode version.

Dark Mode:

(the compression has not been nice to it so here is an external link: https://i.postimg.cc/Qxy8qZfC/Glass-Wave-1-Dark-Mode.jpg)

8 Likes

I’d definitely go with the dark one. (But then again, I just seem to prefer dark themes and wallpapers, for some reason.)

2 Likes

I have actually just set it as my own background now haha, but I know sometimes OS’s like to have dark and light mode versions of the same wallpaper (it’s in the Gnome recommendations linked in the inital post for example), so figured I could render out two different colourways for that use. If one of them gets chosen then the option is always there to include both for that purpose :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is correct: Gnome likes to have a light and dark version of every wallpaper. I, too, find dogfooding wallpapers nice. Design something, prop it on your screen, see how you feel about it a couple of days later, etc.

1 Like