New ubuntu-unity iso

O problema central não é o idioma, e sim a questão de que, muitos da comunidade open-source lusófona não enxergarem mais um futuro para o Unity, e se esse futuro existe, seria fora do Ubuntu.

If you were able to read this without using Google Translate, it is proof that our language is not difficult to understand. If you are a Spanish speaker or any Neolatine language (Italian, French, Romanian, Catalan, Galician) for example, you will see that you change few things and can even understand without major difficulties.

Didn’t need Google Translate. Used Cambridge Translator since I didn’t understand a word of it. :slight_smile:

For many who are not natives of any Romance language, this is quite understandable, taking into account that there is a huge difference in its grammatical form itself, and in the question of the letters of the alphabet used, which do not exist in the English alphabet.

1 Like

I’m not able to understand a word of it, but let us to the point. Countries and languages do not matter in the community.

Amazingly, it matters a lot. Here in Brazil, for example, only a small portion of the population speaks and understands English fluently. In India, this does not happen, due to the fact that it is a bilingual country, while here and in the Spanish-speaking neighbors, they are mother tongues or are co-official with indigenous languages. Nobody is obliged to understand and speak English, since each Neolatin language or even another branch is not only part of the culture of each inhabitant, but also of their way of communicating with the world.

1 Like

No one knows English here, too. You can ask a few others, too, if you like. In my opinion, that’s fine. :slight_smile:

You see, he made the installer script and that installs everything, not only Unity DE, but any other, if you change few words. You really don’t need a ready made distro. The main Unity ppa is created and maintained by @khurshid-alam and that’s the person one must thank!

If you are new to Linux and never heard of Fragadelic, you might be somewhat hard put to create a live iso. There are enough how-tos in Ubuntu wiki too.

Anyway, Raul could’ve kept the script on Git Hub, even if it was written in Portuguese. But, he took it off. He should’ve left it there for someone to look in and take over.

2 Likes

Drop it… Restart the project, that’s the step to be taken :slight_smile:

I’m working on a new aproach to Unity distro, wait for news soon.

It will happen!

PS: Building…

PS2: First pre release, vanilla Ubuntu Unity Desktop.

https://github.com/rauldipeas/ubuntu-unity/releases

5 Likes

The installer script can install Ubuntu Unity 20.04. https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/testing-unity-session-in-focal-fossa-20-04/13692/58 Without the baggage.

20.04 neither was released, why should i build on top of it?

All I say is that the installer script can “build” Unity on 20.04 using the Unity ppa, and without much baggage. :slight_smile: Something I forgot for a long time. Thanks for reminding me of that, and the screeny in that link is from that 20.04.

That was “installed” in the old fashioned way, to a free partition, instead of creating a squashfs file.

1 Like

Installing just fine here, thank you. Looks like a proper vanilla Unity session.

2 Likes

I’m also trying it! :slight_smile:

We need a new website @rauldipeas @chanath

1 Like

There is none currently

We need a team working on it

1 Like

Is this project still alive? will there be an .iso for 20.04 to download anytime soon without much of the unnecessary GS baggage?

2 Likes

I installed Xubuntu 20.04 and then installed Unity7 de. The desktop is a lot faster/smoother than when I installed it on vanilla 20.04.

1 Like

Any particular reason for why this should be the case?

1 Like