Mir 1.5.0 Release
We’re pleased to announce the release of Mir 1.5.0.
For Ubuntu, Mir is available from the Mir PPAs:
It is also available as a source tarball.
We have a contribution from community member @pajn allowing the window manager the option to clip windows to a specified area. @pajn also fixed a problem with the placement of “layer shell” windows when using multi monitor.
My work with
snapd and snapping Mir led to a couple of small enhancements that mean we can now drop the legacy
mir interface from confined Mir snaps and, once the snapd work completes we can launch other snaps from a confined server.
@wmww has continued to progress the Wayland support needed for MATE with a number of bugfixes. This work with MATE has largely moved away from Mir:
@raof has been working on the vc4 platform for Raspberry Pi. That hasn’t landed in time for this release, but has led to a lot of internal clean-up of the platform support in Mir.
It seems an update to Protobuf on Arch broke the build recently. That’s now fixed, hopefully also for any other distros that saw this problem.
- mirserver ABI bumped to 51
- [snapcraft] Update shared memory handling to work both in confined snaps without the “mir” interface and on pre-3.11 kernels.
- Split arch-specific part of libmirwayland-dev into a -bin package
- [MirAL] Allow clipping windows to a specified area
- [MirAL] Add application_id surface property
- [MirAL] Make it possible for Mir based servers to set up the environment variables for launching clients
- Fixes for new Protobuf on Arch
- [Renderer] Also log supported EGL and GL extensions
- [Wayland] Bump xdg output to v3 (workaround an Xwayland problem on eoan)
- [MirAL] Can get the Mir window of a layer shell surface. (Fixes #963)
- [Wayland] Send wl_buffer.release on the Wayland thread. (Fixes #951)
- Set output_id for LayerShell surfaces & clean up and test attached windows on outputs. (Fixes: #980)
- [MirAL] Move maximized windows when output is unplugged (Fixes #853)
- [Wayland] Fix crashes in wayland::OutputManager when output is unplugged
- PixelSource::read() should execute the supplied block. (Fixes #1009)
- [build] Fix non-mesa builds.
- [Wayland] Resync keyboard state after server is paused. (Fixes #999)
- [Wayland] Convert buffer stream to cursor images in wl_pointer. (Fixes #1000)