Intel RST Issues

This is a horrendous change. I have a computer with several harddrives, and one RST storage that’s dedicated for Windows. I do not want to use it for Ubuntu, and I have a dedicated SATA drive I want to use for Ubuntu.

Right now the installer is preventing me from installing Ubuntu on my non-RST SATA drive just because it detected RST on the computer.

Please add an advanced option to “install anyway”.

2 Likes

hi,
yep,
agree,
have win installed, rst with optane enabled, but no raid configured, just separate disks
i cant disable rst in bios… how to install?

P.S. Gparted successfuly see and detect free disk i want Ubuntu install to.

1 Like

It worked excellent on my Lenovo IdeaPad S340-15IWL

It appears not possible to switch off the RST in the BIOS on the HP Omen 15-dg0950nd or 15-dh1590nd. Please support RST, it’s the only internal storage these devices have.

MY BROTHER THIS JUST WORKED FOR ME THANK YOU MY DUDE!!!

Any fire you need saving from or ANY BULLET YOU NEED A TANK TO WALK THROUGH, you just let me know big homie.

Much thanks from the BOTTOM of my heart. Keep rocking the Ubuntu sites and forums - you are a lifesaver.

2 Likes

I’m trying to install Ubuntu 22.10 on an external SSD on a Laptop that has Windows 11 installed on it with RST enabled. Why does the installer not just provide a “Skip” button that continues the installation without disabling RST first? I would post a bug report, but I’m not so sure where. Any hints appreciated.
This would be a perfect solution for me, since I don’t need access to the internal SSD anyways when I’m running Linux.

Cześć Piotrek, I have the same issue as you describe in terms of volumes showing when I run disk part list volume. Did you manage to solve the issue?

These steps worked for me. Only use if you know what you are doing. In my case I wanted to install on a USB stick from a computer with RST enabled, so bypassing the check was safe.

https://khalifa.ws/posts/skip-ubuntu-intel-rst-check.html

Can now understand what went wrong, the actual guide which is at https://help.ubuntu.com/rst/ should get updated.

So googling my RST lead me to this page.

I have an older Dell OptiPlex 3050 that I installed a samsung 950 pro nvme drive in in the hopes I can use it for Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS on it.

I created my bootable disk and during installation got the message about not being able to install due to RST. I went into BIOS and changed my storage configuration to AHCI from raid and was successfully able to install and boot into Ubuntu .

However, on every restart of the computer, I get an error message from the Dell Support Assist saying that I don’t have an NVME drive installed and i have to hit continue, which then allows me to boot intu Ubuntu.

My plan was to use this computer for my headless plex server and having it stop on boot doesn’t allow it to continue to boot to ubuntu unless I manually click continue on the error screen

So then I changed it back to RAID and no longer get the no nvme error message, but then ubuntu won’t boot.

Any ideas on how I can get this issue resolved?