Guide on how to discuss and collaborate on community issues

I just discovered a page describing our old process for discussing community issues using launchpad.

The information is very outdated. Today, we use discourse to publicly discuss community issues. However, I think the idea behind this page is great! We do need a guide on how to publicly discuss community issues.

So I have two questions:

1. Is there any existing material that discusses the new process using discourse? Ideally it has some guides on how to make such a discussion productive etc.
  2. Does anyone have any suggestions for what content should be on the page?
2 Likes

This link

on this site says to contact the Community Council via ML. I suspect you’re already aware of that (it doesn’t mention discourse; ~Q1), but I’d probably still include ML (Q2 maybe) as an option.

The link

https://ubuntu.com/community/governance#community-council

links to Community Council Meeting Agendas & Schedule which says to add agenda item to gain Community Council attention.

You can nominate items for discussion by the Ubuntu Community Council by posting to the current meeting agenda topic here in the Community category of the Ubuntu Community Hub. Nominations to the agenda must be made at least 24 hours before a meeting.

If I find more, I’ll add here

1 Like