Previous status can be found here: Foundations Team Updates - Thursday 1 December
- SRUed grub-multi-install: Reset partition type between partitions (LP: #1997795)
- SRUed the latest security update round:
- Almost finished the whole “out of memory” shenanigans to the extent that we can, I guess old machines may stop booting if their DMA fails > 4GB. Let’s try and see what breaks , still need to test grub 2.12 mm changes and the fedora grub how they handle large initrds.
- Submitted fsarchiver test patch for xfsprogs 6.0 to Debian; uploaded to lunar.
- Synced fsarchiver back from Debian with my patch applied
- Patched glusterfs and forwarded to Debian
- Finished the remaining SRUs (jammy,kinetic) for AcquireFile large file support (LP: #1998265) - proper upstream releases for all series
- reviewed the entire backlog of written interviews and take home tests
- merge kmod
- systemd v252 merge review & sponsor, https://code.launchpad.net/~enr0n/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+git/systemd/+merge/433823
- MIR: (big!) libcamera review, https://pad.lv/1997560
- candidate interviews
- Updated PR to create rootfs tar artifacts
- This has been merged!
- Worked on Code to add support for qcow2 artifacts
- PR coming soon!
- Started reviewing PR to remove generation of seed.manifest
- Retrying tests to get busybox to migrate
- Take home test reviews
- Golang 1.18 and 1.19 new versions. I can upload to Debian now!
- Began review of snapd PR that impacts ubuntu-image
- investigate lunar test runner, github seems to be caching an old ubuntu-daily image
- PR: 1506 - casper md5 integration - log results, notify user if a crash happens later
- PR: 1508 - better subiquity journald usage for casper md5 integration
- PR: 1509 - loop argument cleanup for subiquity journald callers
- PR: 1513 - Start a 22.12.1 release, goal is Monday
- proposed-migration libb-hooks-parser-perl - 4 failed test, do retries, one pass, the others still missing their dependencies - just wait longer (retries from others finished the job)
- Review seed changes for ship-live https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-dev/ubuntu-seeds/+git/ubuntu/+merge/434191
- Spec reviews
- 7 candidate packet reviews
- Docs discussion - to investigate read the docs for autoinstall doc location
- Created an amd64 autopkgtest test instance for @vpa1977 so they could test cryptsetup.
- Merged an MP adding cross-toolchain-base to big_packages for amd64.
- Investigation into the different images available in different scaling stack datacenters which is related to RT 154790.
- Updated the mojo service bundle and autopkgtest.db in staging so that lunar is available in the staging autopkgtest environment.
- Tested the new autopkgtest-cloud-worker charm in the staging autopkgtest environment.
- Updated the autopkgtest-cloud-worker charm in the production autopkgtest environment.
- Merged xnox’s MP adding EOL kernels to never_run in autopkgtest-package-configs.
- Submitted an MP clarifying the arguments and help for run-autopkgtest in the autopkgtest-cloud code.
- Updated the autopkgtest code in production after @paride’s pinning changes for -proposed were merged by @vorlon.
- Submitted an RT regarding issues with neutron / keystone in bos02 and our losing 50% of our workers.
- Investigation into request.cgi dropping requests and testing retry-autopkgtest-regressions.
- While testing the staging environment of the Error Tracker I rediscovered that apport-test-crashes was not creating test crashes for binary applications like cat and gnome-calculator. I dug into the issue and discovered it was due to some underlying changes in apport and the apport-test-crashes package still using old methods. I sorted this out and pushed a new version of apport-test crashes to Launchpad and ran the recipe to build new test crashes.
- Met with IS regarding testing the staging Error Tracker with a newer version of the Cassandra database.
- Merged an MP modifying ubuntu-security-status (part of update-manager) to point at pro. Then uploaded SRUs for this to Jammy and Focal SRU queues.
- Retried some autopkgtest failures trigged by tzdata.
- Performed SRU verification of lintian changes adding Lunar bug 1996085.
- Performed SRU verification of python-apt changes for an OverflowError on the production command not found extractor.
- Reported bug 1998836 regarding a dist-upgrade failure I encountered when upgrading from J to K.
- Investigation into / triage of a command-not-found bug.
- Reported bug 1998982 regarding my inability to configure 3 monitors any more.
- Peformed an SRU shift.
- Submitted an PR which resolves an issue with auto-upgrade-testing when testing an upgrade from Jammy to Kinetic.
- Did some +1 maintenance.
- Some investigation into release upgrade issues from Jammy to Kinetic.
- Tracked down a font corruption bug reported by a user LP#1992369
- Jammy SRU
- Lots of bug triage
- Trying to find root cause of LP 1996826, which appears to have many duplicates
- Uploaded 252.1-1ubuntu1 to lunar (@slyon sponsored)
- Working on https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/25221
- POC for systemd-coredump and apport integration
- sbuild: Review merge bug #1998479 and sponsored upload
- Upload 2.23.1-0ubuntu5 to fix FTBFS
- Triaged Ubuntu bug #1998309 and cleaned up some apport bugs with “hang” in the description
- Verified apport 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.3 jammy SRU
- Analyzed why the phased updates for apport 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.25 was stopped (summary in bug #1889443)
- Uploaded apport 2.24.0-0ubuntu1 to lunar
- python-tz: Verified SRU bug #1995864
- feat: Split bash completions by command
- ci: Include setup.py calls in code coverage
- test(apport-gtk): Cover destroy code path in ui_update_view
- build: Bump source/target Java version to 7
- test: Test wait_for_proc_cmdline() helper method
- feat: Add apport.service
- docs(README.md): Fix filename to commit for release and document translation template updates
- fix: Add main category System to apport-kde-mime.desktop
- fix: Fix ignoring SIGXCPU and SIGXFSZ
- Translation updates for 2.24.0 release
- Released apport 2.24.0
- @bdrung kindly sponsored the sbuild merge (LP: #1998479) but it needs a tweak for armhf autopkgtest compatibility
- Investigated state of RP2040 patches for openocd (only a few that may be needed short term)
- linux-firmware-raspi migrated; working on SRUs to jammy and kinetic (LP: #1989713)
- unattended-upgrades merge prepared (LP: #1998787); awaiting review
- u-boot merge prepped (LP: #1999039); awaiting current security patch to migrate before uploading
- Working on lsb and dbus merges
- Investigated breakage of runsnakerun on jammy (LP: #1999150)
- Pi meetings
- New processing in lunar
- surprisingly high flow rate of new binaries from Debian syncs on an ongoing basis (many of them rust?)
- source review of everything in the queue as of Monday (including
ipu6-drivers, two dkms packages that have been SRUed back to jammy)
- Starting NEW review of
dotnet7which needs to be re-bootstrapped because it can
t usedotnet6` as a build dependency
- chasing the perl transition. Lots of autopkgtest retries, and engaging with the Ubuntu QA team wrt some infra unreliabilities that are making this slower to progress than it should
- discussions around whether we would include
openssl1.1in jammy for a partner (NO)
- adjusted the behavior of
retry-autopkgtest-regressionsto make it possible to retry tests that have moved to state “Reference test in progress, but real test failed already”
- review of branch to fix
--all-proposedautopkgtests in lunar
- Prepared the merge of openssl 3.0.7 from unstable,
- Some more time on the spec for an alternative to crypto-policies (still some work to do there)