Foundations Team Updates - Thursday 30 November 2023

autopkgtest-cloud

• Working on having the staging environment back in shape after PS5 migration, mostly done, but still waiting on some internal infra changes.
  • Submitted a proxy MP to allow tests to reach deb.debian.org (needed at least for autopkgtest package).
  • Fixed the architecture diagram generation in the online documentation.
  • WIP improvements on this diagram.
  • WIP on having a local dev environment of the whole infra.

About me

Hi, I’m Skia, it’s my first post here. I recently joined Canonical in the Ubuntu QA team and will be the QA member specially directed to help Foundation (with others directed to server and desktop). I’m still learning most of the infra, but feel free to reach out to me if you need anything and I’ll do my best to help.

6 Likes

autopkgtest-cloud

• Deploying staging with @hyask , filing RT’s and slowly getting things fully functional!
  • Testing various MP’s in staging - trusty/xenial fix for prod, a fix for cache-amqp to make the KPI smooth, more frequent restarts now allowed for autopkgtest@* units, MP for backing up logs from the autopkgtest workers in swift for historical log storage
  • Looking into fixing private results with @sil2100
  • Updating documentation on deploying autopkgtest-cloud
  • Rewrote scripts that are copying-swift-results from an old storage, and also setting the correct content encoding (bash → python)
1 Like

autopkgtest

• Several MP reviews
  • Some job is triggering bogus testbed failures in armhf, taking workers down
    • Investigated the issue, root cause not fixed yet

OpenQA

• Restarted deployment work of the main OpenQA worker from scratch

Server

• Review of MPs fixing issues on manpages.ubuntu.com
  • Fixed some metrics running on the Server Team Jenkins
  • Investigated some failure in cloud-init and ubuntu

Misc

• Greenhouse work
1 Like

Short week, attended Mini DebConf in Cambridge

1 Like

atropos proposed-migration:

• submitted a patch to Debian to resolve FTBFS, which was accepted. The package is currently waiting on the armhf autopkgtest.

openjdk-22:

• validated a fix for the armhf build failure. Reopened the bug, which was split into the separate issue by upstream.
  • refreshed lintian overrides

openjdk-21 SRU:

• openjdk-21 was published in Jammy
  • focal has a RISC-V build issue due to gcc crash. Rebuild it with gcc 10 in a PPA and updated the bug with the debdiff.

openjdk 21 default migration:

• investigated gettext failure, it will be fixed with a new upstream release which is being worked on by the maintainer.
  • Submitted patches for 1053062 1053066 1053068 1053069
  • started on the full rebuild of Java packages for noble
1 Like

ubuntu-image

• Version 3.1 released!
  • PR # 161 - Improve unit tests
    • merged
  • PR # 13373 on snapd “rejected”
    • a fix in ubuntu-image is in progress, see PR # 170

imagecraft

• more work on the imagecraft.yaml file

Distro work