Foundations Team Updates - Thursday 07 December 2023

Distro:

• LP: #2045320 - Sync python-secretstorage 3.3.3-2 (Thanks again mitya57 for sponsoring!)

• LP: #2045082 - drop python3-keyring from Recommends to Suggests in python-launchpadlib (Thanks @dbungert for sponsoring!)

• On (my first!) +1 Maintenance shift this week. Report to follow next week.

Subiquity:

• Investigating the work it would take to MIR python-aiohttp and its many
    dependencies
1 Like

Rust

1 Like

autopkgtest-cloud

• Merged MP to better use existing settings instead of hardcoding values. Helps with local dev and staging deployment.
  • WIP MP about documentation architecture diagram update, made progress, it’s almost done.
  • Deploying my own local OpenStack with microstack to make progress with local development deployment of autopkgtest-cloud infrastructure. OpenStack is mostly working now, but there still is some networking configuration to figure out for it to integrate well with autopkgtest-cloud-worker.

curtin

• This MP just got merged, meaning I’ll be able to monitor how the curtin VM test suite behaves in the next few days and see where to go from there.
1 Like

autopkgtest-cloud

• Fixing multiple issues with armhf runners, fixing bugs and bumping the number of workers etc
  • updating the cloud-worker and web charms in prod
  • working on multiple mps: removing old armhf services files, adding an “admin” page, some firewall mp’s, a fix to cache-amqp, fixing the KPI, etc
  • fixing xenial and trusty issues
1 Like

default Java 21:

git vs git-filter-repo proposed-migration: