This page is the canonical tracking document for the upcoming Focal Fossa release. It’s a live document. The Ubuntu release team will be updating it as we work on releasing 20.04 LTS.
- 20.04 release is out!
- We’re in Final Freeze
- Daily image builds are off, only release-team triggered builds will be published from now on
- Uploads to seeded packages are now blocked in focal-proposed and need to be explicitly unblocked to go onto future image spins. You might see us accepting packages into focal-proposed that we do not unblock, so they can be redirected to stable release updates, or unblocked at a later date if and when there’s going to be new images.
- Final respin ready on Focal Final iso tracker. Please test!
- We are now releasing!
- when upgrading to 20.04 ubuntu-release-upgrader removes chrony (LP: #1872902).
Bugs to watch
- The update oem-5.6 kernel is deliberately being left in focal-proposed for a post-release update
- strace in focal-proposed is not targeted for the release
- On an ongoing basis we’re assessing the pending uploads in the queue and focal-proposed for targetting to SRU either on release day or later, in this Trello board.
- 20.04 LTS minimal images have been published to http://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/minimal/releases/focal/release-20200423/
- 20.04 LTS non-minimal images have been published to http://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/releases/focal/release-20200423/
- 20.04 LTS minimal cloud images have been published to AWS & GCE
- 20.04 LTS non-minimal cloud images have been published to AWS, Azure & GCE
- 20.04 LTS docker and vagrant images have been published