Hi everyone, below you will find the updates from the Desktop team from the last week. If you’re interested in discussing a topic please start a thread in the Desktop area of Discourse .
Last week’s notes are here: Desktop Team Updates - Monday 22nd November 2021
Launcher maintenance. Working on integrating clang tools for CI and code clean up.
Improving the OOBE integration with the launcher with the LauncherStatus feature.
• Finished libraw merge and learned a lot. Opened an upstream pr. Thanks @osomon for sponsoring!
• LO 7.2.3 testing
• Announced the upcoming Indaba
• Continued trying to get access to data analytics systems for Oliver and myself - not sure what the complication is but still can’t connect.
Met face to face with a part of the team in Paris, discussed processes and tools and learnt a lot about my teammates’ work.
- continued work on rebasing the chromium snap on core20 (amd64 done, and addressing remaining build issues on arm*)
- rebased chromium-ffmpeg on core18 (all known clients are core18-based)
added a new slot to chromium-ffmpeg for compatibility with the new Opera beta (per request from upstream Opera)
Sprint in Paris, discussed various topics
- Spec for Privilege escalation
- Spec for script support
- Deprecated keys ignore support
- Continue testing systemd support
- MIR: new review of Rust PR