Hi everyone, below you will find the updates from the Desktop team from the last week. If you’re interested in discussing a topic please start a thread in the Desktop area of Discourse .
We also have our weekly meeting on IRC. We meet on Tuesday at 13:30 UTC in #ubuntu-desktop on Freenode. There will be an “Any Other Business” section at the end where you are welcome to raise topics. These topics might be discussed during the meeting, or afterwards depending on the time, depth of conversation, topic and so on.
Last week’s notes are here: Desktop Team Updates - Monday 22nd February 2021
Libreoffice 7.1.x for Hirsute/21.04
Current packaging branch and PPA builds
- prepared 7.1.1~rc1 in ppa:libreoffice/libreoffice-prereleases, uploaded to the archive and looked into autopkgtest failures which turned up
- prepared 7.1.1~rc2 in ppa:libreoffice/libreoffice-prereleases and uploaded to the archive
- looked into further autopkgtest failures which are caused by a packaging problem and is fixed in the packaging git branch for the final 7.1.1
- helped out on refreshing patches for the snap
Monday was the Labour Day public holiday in Western Australia.
snapd PR #9952 was merged, which updates the
x11 interface’s plug AppArmor rules to give read access to the Xauthority files written by the development versions of KDE Plasma’s Wayland session.
- Contributed some fixes to Alan’s snapd PR #8699 (add a desktop-launch interface).
- Created snapd PR #9963, which installs the D-Bus service activation files for
snap userd on Ubuntu Core 18+ systems. This is a prerequisite for making the desktop-launch interface usable on Ubuntu Core systems (such as the GDM experiment image we’ve been working on).
- Updated snapd PR #9910 (user daemon support in
snap services and
snapctl services output) in response to review feedback. It’s now received two positive reviews, so I expect to merge it shortly.
- Started work on some polkit file validator code that could be used as a basis for a polkit interface for snapd.
snapd-glib PR #97 was merged, updating the snapctl binding to give access to the exit code of commands. This is mostly for the benefit of calling
- Provided a small amount of review feedback on Robert’s libsoup MR.
Mhmhm, looks like I forgot to update this
GNOME (and friends)
- More work on the screen shield mutter side
- Update GDM to notify the greeter when the PAM stack selected an user [MR]
- Some regression tests on riscv64 to check what’s blocking latest gjs there
- Lots of tests with smartcard authentication and working to make it properly handle the user identification (prepared GDM pam config changes) and gnome-shell to adapt to it.
- Fixed one OpenSC issue causing gnome-settings-daemon to crash in hirsute [MR]
- Improved pam-sss to handle better certain cases
- Fixed some fprintd incoherences causing invalid prints to be listed as enrolled and PAM module to be confused by that [MR]
- Some work in the TOD branch to do better analysis of the drivers
- Uploaded new mutter 3.38 + wayland input thread support package to hirsute [3.38.3-3ubuntu1]
- Uploaded gnome-shell to hirsute with various cherry-picks and to use desktop-icons-ng by default [3.38.3-3ubuntu1]
- Prepared OpenSC fix for debian [MR]
- Done SRU verification for SSSD in focal
- Various changes to the versions script to get more upstream information and workaround python2 in precise bugs.
- Updated the ubuntu-desktop seed to adjust new dependency (desktop-icons-ng, gnome-remote-desktop and pam-sss for smartcard auth)