Hi everyone, below you will find the updates from the Desktop team from the last week. If you’re interested in discussing a topic please start a thread in the Desktop area of Discourse .
Last week’s notes are here: Desktop Team Updates - Monday 5th December 2022
(Hopefully) Finalizing implementation of Ubuntu Pro in gnome-initial-setup and software-properties.
Short interrupted week with tuesday and thursday off.
- Finished refactoring End-to-end testing framework to be more Go idiomatic. WSL #327
- Continued abstracting Ubuntu WSL ’s Azure testbed setup into a set of reusable Github actions ubuntu/WSL #322
- Mostly finished Stdout/Stderr redirection mimicking the
exec module. GoWSL #7
- Mostly finished Stdin redirection mimicking the
exec module. GoWSL #4
Very short week for me too with only two full work days.
It’s been a while I don’t show up here because I travelled to attend the Engineering Sprint and the Ubuntu Summit, followed by a long period of vacation.
- Opened a PR to remove the confusing option of switching to a shell during TUI setup. Subiquity #1517.
- Helped troubleshooting issues blocking the WSL VM encapsulation workflow pull request
- Started a work to optimize the WSL setup workflow by reducing the number of required pages. First PR on this topic is UDI #1262.