The Anbox Cloud team is pleased to announce the release of Anbox Cloud 1.12.5.
This release prepares for an upcoming Ubuntu kernel release on AWS. With the 5.13 kernel, which will be introduced on instances running Ubuntu 20.04 (focal) starting at the end of February, Anbox must be adopted to work with changes in the
/proc file system and semantic changes to the mount system API. If you are running on Ubuntu with kernel version 5.13 or later, make sure you’re using the 1.12.5 images. Using older images will result in Anbox and the nested Android container failing to start.
Instances running Ubuntu 18.04 (bionic) are not affected, because the latest kernel version for Ubuntu 18.04 is 5.4.
Please see component versions for a list of updated components.
New features & improvements
- AC-676 Launching containers on a specific node fails with “node not found”
- AC-671 Application that was signed with a custom system image can’t access hidden APIs
- AC-667 Multi touch is not working when streaming from webrtc platform
- AC-663 Latest Firefox doesn’t render in 1.12.x
- AC-662 Android containers fail to start on Linux 5.13.x