About the Support category

This is ridiculous. Why is there a support-category in the first place if people aren’t allowed to post support requests?? It doesn’t serve anyone’s best interest for people to have to tack their questions to random existing threads!

I just wanted to post a question, because I cannot find an answer anywhere, but I apparently do not have the permission to do so! Canonical really went the whole wrong way about this migration, IMHO.

1 Like

I’ve increased your trust level.

The support category is a temporary workaround so that LXD support requests don’t show up on the main homepage of the Ubuntu forum.

The new user restrictions apply to all new users on the Ubuntu forum, but we are aware that it is problematic for users who just want to post a support request. Hopefully this is something that can be resolved in the future.

Translation: nothing will ever be done about this.

1 Like

I am also unable to post a question.

You should also be aware that when you first log in to the Discourse there is a large banner which says “this is not for support” and gives links to get support, some of which also go to other parts of the Discourse which then says “this is not for support” and show the same links. That happens whether or not you’re looking at the LXD section. It seems the situation is confused!

1 Like

I am unable to post any questions. I have read at least 5 articles but do not have the option to create a new topic. Would it be possible to increase my trust level please?

I’ve increased your user level, thanks.

Hi,

Could you increase my level too? I can’t post a new thread about using lxd in WSL 2.

Best regards,

Aki

That is done, thanks

pls up my rep, thomas :slight_smile:

That is done, thanks

1 Like

Hi,
I would like to post a support issue concerning vm raw.qemu configuration.
Thanks

You should be able to post now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also want to be leveled up to ask questions. thx

That is done, thanks

Was directed here from github.

Created yet another (ubuntu-)account. System auto-filed account information (probably identified by email-address?) either from my launchpad account or my ubuntuusers account? Why do I need yet another account on ubuntu?

Although the system managed to identify me based on my other accounts at ubuntu, I am still not trusted to post my issue because of which I was directed here from https://github.com/canonical/lxd

BTW: did not receive an email with instructions on how to gain permissin to start a topic.

1 Like

You should be able to post now.

Hi- I have been posting in the old Linux Container forum here and was hopping to get support for LXD on this site. Is it possible to bump my trust level so I can post?

1 Like

You should be able to post now.

should i be able to post now?

@wc-ubuntu you should be able to post now.