Ubuntu 24.04 Testing Week

Hi,

When will the time 64 transition completed so we can try all the updates (GS and so on)?

Big thanks to everyone who pitched in on the Ubuntu 24.04 testing week! Whether you were deep-diving into test cases, hunting bugs on Launchpad and Github, or just spreading the word, your efforts were key to polishing the upcoming Ubuntu release. You’ve all shown what our community is capable of when we come together. I’m especially happy there has been lots of discussion here. Cheers to you all!

Special thanks goes to the top testers for this release. I want to specifically call out @leok who blew it out of the park with 849 results. This is absolutely amazing, and helps Ubuntu 24.04 be as stable as it can be!

leok
irihapeti
uninvolved
corradoventu
guiverc
nio-wiklund
andersson123
spicemines
bittinubuntu
mafoelffen
ilvipero
paulw2u
dtebokkel
fheimes
bene-d
dsmythies
bobbicat
patriciasd
rikmills
bernard010
synaxis
brokentoaster
eeickmeyer
mlueck
walterorlin
xa-hydra
ajg-charlbury
leozinho29-eu
dacort
semitones
fossfreedom

If there are further open questions please feel free to discuss here, in the Telegram Group, or at https://matrix.to/#/#releasetesting-general:ubuntu.com

5 Likes

Thank you for the kind words - but to be fair my Noble Testing results date from 01 November 23 until present day (not just the testing week).

Please can you post the number of results for each tester?

Ubuntu 24.04 Latest .iso (Lenovo Yoga 7i Gen 8 16IRL8 2 in 1 laptop which touchscreen)

Hello, I have a few problems. 1. At startup the error logsize 0 appears.
2. Sometimes the keyboard on my laptop in tablet mode gets stuck.
3. I lack the “insert” button for the touch screen keyboard, it is very inconvenient to use the terminal in tablet mode.

I know we’re out of this testing week but when will we be able to really test Noble?
At the moment all is stuck in t64 transition.

1 Like

Last week I was able to update, install build tools, and build Linux kernel and AOSP.

This week I keep running into problems installing build tools.
I reinstalled and tried again. And keep getting the same stupid bug. Sigh.

root@piet-Precision-7920-Tower:/home/piet/src# sudo apt install ncurses-dev
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree… Done
Reading state information… Done
Note, selecting ‘libncurses-dev’ instead of ‘ncurses-dev’
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libc6-dev : Depends: libc6 (= 2.39-0ubuntu2) but 2.39-0ubuntu6 is to be installed
N: Ignoring file ‘ubuntu.sources.curtin.old’ in directory ‘/etc/apt/sources.list.d/’ as it has an invalid filename extension
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
root@piet-Precision-7920-Tower:/home/piet/src#

Is there any way to help with the xz build process. I am asking because there is a computer I have that is ONLY for Ubuntu. I do not mind giving control to an ubuntu developer if it helps with the build process (Dont know if that is something that can be offered to help).

1 Like

Sadly not. Builds of Ubuntu packages can only happen in the launchpad build farm.

2 Likes

Apologies buddy thank you. Well I will be active for any hands on to help. I know the problems with xz and the time64 thingy so 24.04 and you guys are having it really hard right now.

5 Likes