When release 24.04 update for Ubuntu app in Microsoft Store?

ITNOA

Hi

As I know Ubuntu 2x.0x app in Microsoft store exists for users to want using specific ubuntu version on WSL and Ubuntu app in Microsoft store exists for seamless upgrading and updating.

But my problem is why Ubuntu app not update for Ubuntu 24.04.1? as you can see in Microsoft store, the description of the app is about ubuntu 22.04.3

Ubuntu currently provides the 22.04.3 LTS release.

But I except after releasing next LTS zero point one (x.x.1) this app update to next LTS version, and automatically update currently WSL

In another word, I except if I install Ubuntu app from Microsoft store, in one year ago, I see Ubuntu 22.04 in WSL and after updating this app from Microsoft store in September, I see Ubuntu 24.04 in WSL without needing any command line interaction

My question is, When canonical release this update for this app in Microsoft Store with above functionality in seamless upgrading?

Because I am not sure to best place for ask this question (report this bug) I post this topic in below places too

When release 24.04 update for Ubuntu app in Microsoft Store? - AskUbuntu

When release 24.04 update for Ubuntu app in Microsoft Store? · Issue #494 · ubuntu/WSL (github.com)

thanks

Hi, I am not sure why this reply was flagged as spam? I only posted it because I do think that there is a possibility that the issue mentioned in a recent Ask Ubuntu question could be related in one way or another.

Just in case it is linking to external forums that is discouraged, I have now removed the link. The relevant information is that since a couple of days ago, several people are no longer able to use do-release-upgrade to upgrade to 24.04.1 LTS. One contributor found the following:

It appears that the 24.04.1 LTS release was removed from the file https://changelogs.ubuntu.com/meta-release-lts two days ago.

Nobody in the discussion seems to have been able to find out why.

Thanks for your post.

We will release new versions of the images in the coming weeks. We still have some fixes to backport to older releases and we do not have a set date yet.