Weekly status for the week of 25th September to 1st October.
This past week, LXD added a new feature regarding instance root disk initial volume configuration. The instance’s root disk initial volume configuration can now be set using
initial.* configuration keys without having to edit the pool configuration itself.
- Allow instance root disk initial volume configuration using
initial.*keys without having to edit the pool’s configuration.
- Add new
limits.priorityconfiguration key to veth-based NIC devices that is compatible with both cgroupv1 and cgroupv2. The older per-instance
limits.network.priorityconfiguration key which only supports cgroupv1 has been deprecated.
- Allow usage of
lxc network list-allocations.
- For OVN networks, prevent setting static IPv6 if IPv4 isn’t set. This is due to a bug in OVN.
- Fixed a bug where LXD failed to determine WWAN device resources.
diskdevices to be mutually exclusive.
- Fixed an issue where snapshots might not be created on ZFS volumes, after upgrading from 5.17 to 5.18. This was due to invalidated keys not being unset on existing instances or custom volumes.
The items listed below is all of the work which happened over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- Instance volume configuration through disk device
- Add support for network device limits.priority option
- doc: document the project config options
- Fix info --resources for wwan devices
- Doc: fix for topical navigation
- lxd/device/nic_ovn: Prevent setting static IPv6 if static IPv4 is not set
- makefile: use venv pip and not global pip
security.unmappedto be mutually exclusive.
- Stable 5.0 backports
- Use generic helper functions
- doc: fix swagger display
- github: add differential shellcheck to get in-PR feedback
- github: only try to upload differential shellcheck result if it ran
- firewall: fix nftables hostVersion() description
- Doc fixes for 5.0
- patches: Remove invalid block settings from existing volumes
- Allows usage of
lxc network list-allocationsand fixes project usage.
- README: Update test status badge so it accurately shows status of tests.yml workflow
- README: Update test status badge so it accurately shows status of tests.yml workflow (stable-5.0)
- README: remove CII Best Practices badge link
- README: remove CII Best Practices badge link (stable-5.0)
- patches: Check server name when unsetting invalid block settings
- Fix Loki API URL
- build(deps): bump actions/checkout from 3 to 4
coslinstead of deprecated
- github: merge DCO and CLA jobs into one
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXD as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- Nothing to report this week.
- Create symlinks to
/etc/cephinside LXD snap when
- Drop artifacts from unsupported LXD versions and EOL releases.
- Add MicroCeph content interface.
- Cherry-picked bug fixes.