Weekly news #363

Weekly status for the week of 9th September to 15th September.

Introduction

The past week was relatively quiet, but LXD still received some notable new features and bug fixes.
Thanks to all the contributors!

Per-pool project limits (from Incus)

Added support for limiting disk space usage on a specific storage pool for individual projects.

For example, to limit disk space usage for a storage pool my-pool within project my-project use the following command:

lxc project set my-project limits.disk.pool.my-pool=10GiB

Additionally, the storage pool can be excluded from the storage pool list in a given project by setting limits.disk.pool.<storage-pool> to 0.

lxc project set my-project limits.disk.pool.my-pool=0

# Storage pool my-pool is hidden (not listed).
lxc storage list --project my-project

Support for armhf virtual machines

LXD now supports running armhf virtual machines on arm64 hosts.

TIOBE TICS integration

LXD is now integrated with TIOBE TICS to monitor test coverage and code quality.

Bugfixes

• Corrected a misspelled instance snapshot deletion trigger name in the database.

• Fixed an issue where instance low-level settings configured on a profile were incorrectly flagged as forbidden, despite the restricted.containers.lowlevel and restricted.virtual-machines.lowlevel options being enabled. (from Incus)

• Fixed an issue where project creation would fail when there are no storage pools configured. (from Incus)

• Fixed an issue where errors were not properly returned when using lxc copy in push mode. (from Incus)

All changes

The items listed below is all of the work which happened over the past week and which will be included in the next release.

LXD

LXD UI

LXD Charm

Distribution work

This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXD as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.

Ubuntu

• Nothing to report this week.

LXD snap

3 Likes