Virtual Keyboard in chromium-mir-kiosk

Hello!

Any insight or suggestion on how to manage the needs to use an on-screen keyboard on a touch kiosk using chromium-mir-kiosk?

We usually provide a custom keyboard for our web app but this time we need to let third party web apps to run on the same kiosk, so i’m wondering if there is a more general tool, like the onscreen keyboard when you use ubuntu connected to a touch screen.

Thank you,
Alessio

No, chromium-mir-kiosk is unmaintained and unsupported.

We never supported chromium-mir-kiosk, it is a proof of concept and an experiment. It’s experimental status was reflected by the channels it was published in (edge and beta… never stable) :wink:

It has been unlisted from the store for some time and we recommend transition to wpe-webkit-mir-kiosk, maintained by the community.

It can still be installed, because people are using it. But this is on an “as is” basis.

Thank you! This fully count as a “correct answer”, we’re moving our test and production devices from chromium mir kiosk, to wpe-webkit-mir-kiosk :wink:

I’m unable to find a complete list of options for wpe-webkit, apart URL, i’m curious about the other available options.

Could you please provide an insight? Thank you!

Sorry, wpe-webkit-mir-kiosk is not supported by the Mir team either, it was introduced by a member of the Ubuntu community on the snapcraft forums:

That might be a better place to ask.

1 Like