Join the Ubuntu-pt Team
About the Ubuntu Portugal (Ubuntu-pt)
This is the LoCo from Portugal, and all those who speak Portuguese and want to join us.
Ubuntu-pt has several goals:
- promote Ubuntu to bring the best of Free Software to the widest audience,
- generate, organize and support, community and community efforts around Ubuntu and Free Software
- bring our culture (language and perspectives) to Ubuntu, to enrich it and make it easier to adopt by the people who share our culture
- foster contributions to Ubuntu, including those who will adapt it to the needs of our community
- support users of Ubuntu
[Name and link to Launchpad/Discourse profile of LoCo Team Lead]
Ubuntu-pt is managed by Council composed of 5 members, 3 of them are LoCo managers:
Three of these Ubuntu-pt Council members are "managers":
- Ubuntu Portugal general Telegram group (bridged with the Matrix Group)
- Ubuntu-pt Matrix Room (bridged with the Telegram group)
- (extremely low traffic) mailing list: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-pt
Some members of our community (Diogo Constantino, Tiago Carrondo, Miguel, and previously also David Negreira) produce a podcast in Portuguese dedicated to Ubuntu, Free Software, and some other stuff, it’s the “Podcast Ubuntu Portugal”
Additional Team Resources
- Ubuntu-pt (very outdated) website can be found here.
- Ubuntu-pt has also a presence on the Ubuntu Wiki at PortugalTeam
- Old LoCo Portal Ubuntu Portugal Team page
“Ubuntu Portuguese Translators” team
More details about the Translation team on the ubuntu-pt website Translations Team page (in Portuguese).
Ubuntu Touch Community/UBports in Portuguese Community
Ubuntu-pt has one of the oldest standing communities dedicated to Ubuntu Touch (the version of Ubuntu for smartphones and tablets).
Since the UBports Community took over the effort of developing Ubuntu Touch, its ecosystem and Community, Ubuntu-pt and UBports Community co-manage the UBports in Portuguese Community which does gather on the ubports_pt Telegram group.
“Centro Linux” is an initiative led by the Ubuntu-pt Team, to promote knowledge sharing about Linux, Free Software and other related topics. It has a strong component of practical experimentation/exploration, by gathering the community on a physical location, and providing means of computation (a small computer lab).
The contacts for the Centro Linux Team are:
Ubuntu-pt Web Team
To develop and maintain all the Ubuntu-pt websites (Ubuntu-pt, Ubucon Portugal, Centro Linux) the Ubuntu-pt, recently created a “Web Team”.
The contacts for the Ubuntu-pt Web Team are: