The Ubuntu Community Council has decided to create a temporary Matrix Council to provide leadership to the Ubuntu Matrix Project while it is getting started.
The council consists of 5 members.
- Marc Gilligan, Ubuntu Matrix operations
- Mauro Gaspari, Canonical community team
- Merlijn Sebrechts, Ubuntu Community Council
- Nils Büchner, Ubuntu Matrix operations
- Seth Arnold, IRC Council
The council’s term is limited until 2024-04-01. After this date, a newly elected “regular” Matrix Council will take over.
The scope of this council is strictly Matrix-related. Any cross-platform decisions such as potential bridges to IRC will be decided together with the other relevant councils. A number of important topics are on the agenda.
- Defining moderation policies for Matrix
- Bootstrapping a moderators team
- Defining processes for room creation, admin privileges, media handling, etc.
- Proposing a process to elect the “regular” Matrix Council
The Ubuntu Matrix Council meets on a regular basis. If you want to keep up to date with the latest meeting reports, you can find them on the Ubuntu Discourse