Ubuntu @ FOSDEM 2023: Call for Volunteers

The Ubuntu Community Team is opening a call for volunteers to help out at FOSDEM, in-person in Brussels on February 4–5th, 2023.

FOSDEM is the largest European FOSS event, aiming to promote the widespread use of free and open source software. You can learn more about FOSDEM on their website.

The Ubuntu Community Team has been accepted for a table, giving us an opportunity to meet interesting people in the open source ecosystem and see what they need in Ubuntu to be successful. There are different ways you can help as a volunteer, by spreading the word, helping at the conference table, or speaking at the event about Ubuntu (CfP deadlines are just a few days away!)

Visit our Ubuntu @ FOSDEM mini-site and let us know you are coming.

Additionally, we are offering sponsorship for accommodation and travel if you can’t make it to FOSDEM on your own. You will be helping us with organizing and at the conference table, and we’ll ask you to collaborate on a conference report or share a few words about your experience. The selection criteria are based on:

• Level of involvement in the Ubuntu Community
  • Experience in staffing a conference table (though don’t be discouraged if you haven’t before!)
  • Cost of travel to Brussels

If you require support, please fill out the travel sponsorship application form on our mini-site.

The deadline to apply for a travel sponsorship is 2022-12-18T22:59:59Z.

Selected volunteers will receive approval by December 23rd.

If you have any questions, please respond here, or get in touch via DM.

Best of luck to you!

5 Likes

I will be there, and I hope I can come by and say hello – but I will be attempting to cover the event for the Register, so I expect to be running around crazily all weekend trying to see as many talks as possible.

(And in the evenings, trying as many different Belgian beers as I can… :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

Will be looking forward to seeing you Liam, just a few more days!

1 Like