Ubuntu Core custom image, configure script hook

Hi,

I am researching building custom Ubuntu Core images.

After installing all the snaps, I want to run a configuration script. The script will set the timezone and manually connect interfaces. Run docker-compose up -d.

Is there a way to do this?

You’d have to create a snap for this … one that uses the correct interfaces to achieve what you want… note though that some interfaces might only be available to brand store customers

Hi,

Is there away to disable the login prompt after the boot? The tty1 login prompt. I am running Ubuntu Frame.

The login appears after boot, the ubuntu frame renders a few seconds after the login prompt.

Jake

Yes, you can set a defaults: entry in the gadget.yaml file to disable it

(note that this will only be processed during very first boot of a fresh image, not at gadget updates)

this is the top of my gadget.yml. What entry should I use?

defaults: 
  system:
    service:
      console-conf:
        disable: true

# ubuntu-frame
  BPZbvWzvoMTrpec4goCXlckLe2IhfthK:
    display: |
      layouts:
        default:
          cards:
            - card-id: 0
              unknown-1:
                orientation: left

For the gadget snap. Is it possible to set defaults to unpublished snaps? Since it doesn’t have a snap id.

No it is not, you need a snap id
(but i think i answered this before… it is hard to keep track since you are jumping back and forth between here and the snapcraft forum with similar questions all the time)

Sorry, one last question. What entry under defaults in gadget snap disable the login prompt?

I found it

service:
      getty:
        disable: true
1 Like