Ubuntu Cinnamon with its brightest future

There is no turning back, only forward.

I am making diff size icons, and made the maroon and white color flip version. Fun things will happen, as having a website, and voting for your favorite default grub theme.

For a team, you guys are all the team. It is incredible. You are all contributors. Thank you so much.

EDIT: And the Twitter for Ubuntu Cinnamon is @UbuntuCinnamon .

4 Likes

All right, do you know how to create a live installable iso? And, where to upload that iso?

Currently with muffin, something is failing and I will report a bug. It is the graphical part, and cinnamon isn’t compiling. This is muffin 4.0.7 and cinnamon 4.10.0, but for the sake of an iso, I have no idea how to make it. And if we want to make one so we can understand fundamentals, then we’d use Cinnamon 3.8.9.

Also alright now I am switching from using VBox on Windows where I normally do gaming to VBox on Ubuntu where I do my work (since I dual boot)

1 Like

If you are going succeed in this venture, that is to have a team etc, I believe you should have your dedicated website and also have a forum there, something like the Ubuntu-Budgie forum. You’d also have to compete with Linux Mint for users. There’s also Feren OS, based on Linux Mint out there, which once was supposed to be fully rolling and cutting edge, but not any more.

The thing is, the interest in Linux distros appears to be waning, not many forums have a significant community around nowadays. There had been a vibrant group of people once, testing every new Ubuntu release, but that too is practically gone. So, this would be an uphill task. Hope you’d succeed anyway. If you would be able to gather enough people around you, you’d succeed, but you should have your own web site.

3 Likes

Well I have a mediafire, so I have that for what I have to keep. I will find software to compile it, the first build will be Cinnamon 3.8.9 as a test for package building.

Moved the Cinnamon-Disco-Tessa to Cinnamon-Eoan-Tina. Got nicely upgraded, and rebooted check how it goes. Linux Mint Tina is not yet released. Neither is Eoan. This might be the only most “rolling” cinnamon distro atm. :slight_smile:

Against some fears on using mixed repos (not mine, though), it appears that this the best responding Ubuntu based distro atm. :smile:

2 Likes

Hello @itzswirlz
Liked the idea to install Cinnamon on Ubuntu 19.04.
See the screenshot that screen capture. Continue the project, I will be accompanying.

The version that is here is Cinnamon 3.8.8.

4 Likes

What are the themes that you are using?

The theme is Adara installed by the Cinnamon themes settings
The icons is the Yaru.

1 Like

I believe that Ubuntu Cinnamon have a bright future.

3 Likes

Only, if this Ubuntu Cinnamon runs with the latest Ubuntu base.

1 Like

Yeah, if we have a 19.10 release no point in doing 18.04 LTS.

How can we test the Ubuntu Cinnamon build?
Is it currently possible to simply install ubuntu-cinnamon task using tasksel?
Which repositories should we add to try Ubuntu Cinnamon?

Saturday I should get the first build up.

About getting it using tasksel is a complete different story, I would have to look into it.

1 Like

@itzswirlz
When you’re ready to let us know.

I, for one, have been looking for this to happen. Please let us know when we can test!

1 Like

I have created a Telegram Group called it Ubuntu Cinnamon.
Here is the invite link:

https://t.me/joinchat/DIplvBDF402QeBMUQ8BhZg

I think this will be a more productive communications channel than Twitter. The group is private for now but I can make it public whenever you want. Plus it’s secure.

1 Like