Ubuntu 23.10 Mantic Minotaur Release Party in Crete, Greece

The new version is here and it is time to party the achievements of our awesome community.

Greek Community will rock the FOSSCOMM 2023 conference. We have a presentation titled Ubuntu Community reborn from its ashes.
During those 2 days we are going to help visitors to install Ubuntu 23.10 on their laptops/desktops.

The main reason for us at this event is the release party at the place where the MYTH of MINOTAUR lives.

After the end of the first day, we are going to host a release party with a BBQ, beer, refreshments, and cake for everyone.

We are going to have some surprises.
So join us for this unforgettable experience.

We are going to show you some pictures after the event. No worries.

Here is the announcement (in Greek) from the conference organizers.

9 Likes

The FOSSCOMM 2023 conference held in Heraklion, Crete on October 21-22 was not just another tech gathering; it was a vibrant, reinvigorating event for the FOSS enthusiasts and the Ubuntu community. In a presentation titled “Ubuntu Community reborn from its ashes”, attendees had the opportunity to delve into the revival and potential of Ubuntu community, both in Greece and globally. Here, you can see all about this exciting event and the resurgence of the Ubuntu community.

Rebooting the Ubuntu Community:
The heart of the presentation revolved around the rejuvenation of the Ubuntu community. I highlighted key strategies for revitalizing the community in Greece and beyond. These strategies included fostering collaboration, increasing engagement, and providing avenues for new contributors to join the ranks.

Areas of Contribution:
A core focus of the presentation was identifying the diverse areas where individuals could contribute to the Ubuntu community. Whether it’s coding, documentation, testing, or design, the Ubuntu ecosystem offers numerous opportunities for passionate open-source enthusiasts to make a meaningful impact.

Technological Advancements:
Another highlight of the presentation was Ubuntu’s ongoing contributions to the open-source world. Attendees learned about the cutting-edge technologies that Ubuntu has introduced to the open-source community. Ubuntu 23.10, codenamed “Mantic Minotaur”, was unveiled and attendees had the opportunity to experience it firsthand. The release showcased the commitment of the Ubuntu project to push the boundaries of open-source technology.

The Grand Release Party:
Following a day filled with enlightening presentations, attendees at FOSSCOMM 2023 were treated to a memorable Ubuntu release party. The celebration of the new Ubuntu 23.10 “Mantic Minotaur” was nothing short of spectacular. Attendees received stickers from all the Ubuntu flavors, and many even had the opportunity to install the new release. Ubuntu swag, including T-shirts, an Ubuntu bag, and an Ubuntu notebook, was distributed to enthusiastic attendees.

The party featured a Minotaur-themed cake, souvlaki, beer, and lively music. It marked the most extensive Ubuntu release party in the last decade, and it was an unqualified success, cementing Ubuntu’s status as a thriving open-source community.

Exploring Ancient Legends:
One of the unique aspects of FOSSCOMM 2023 was its location in Heraklion, Crete. I had the privilege of visiting the iconic Knossos Palace, where the myth of the Minotaur is deeply rooted. The conference provided a perfect blend of modern open-source technology and the rich cultural history of Crete.

The Future of Ubuntu in Greece:
The FOSSCOMM 2023 presentation was a testament to the resurgence of the Ubuntu community in Greece. It served as a call to action, inviting more individuals and organizations to join in the movement. I expressed their enthusiasm for organizing future release parties and other events throughout Greece, with an open invitation for others to participate and contribute.

Conclusion:
FOSSCOMM 2023 in Heraklion, Crete, was not just a conference; it was a testament to the vitality and potential of the Ubuntu community. The presentation on “Ubuntu Community reborn from its ashes” inspired attendees to join the open-source movement, contribute to Ubuntu’s growth, and experience the latest technological innovations it has to offer. As the Ubuntu community in Greece continues to thrive, the possibilities are limitless. Stay tuned for more exciting events and release parties, as the Minotaur roars back to life in the open-source world.

I would like to thank Philipp and Aaron from Canonical, who helped me organize this huge release party. I would also like to thank the locals, who were super helpful in making it happen.

You can see more pictures here
http://ammar.gr/pictures/fosscomm23/

4 Likes