Ubuntu 22.04 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish) Daily Build Live ISO prompts for Username and Password

I have been using Ubuntu Live CD’s, USB’s and ISO’s for many years, but only ever got prompted for Username with the latest Ubuntu 22.04 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish) Daily Build after clicking “Try Ubuntu”.

It was only after finding a solution in Live CD asks for a username and password that I could get access.

Is this requirement of entering ubuntu in the Username field unique to the Daily Build, or also needed in the regular stable LTS releases?
UPDATE: No, the regular Ubuntu 20.04 Live ISO doesn’t prompt.

System
Running via Flatpak installed Gnome Boxes on Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS.

UPDATE: I tried the standard Debian package of Boxes via sudo apt install gnome-boxes (version 3.36.5) and it also happens in that configuration, so it looks like a general issue with the Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Daily Build Live ISO and Gnome Boxes.

Also, Boxes states that it can’t determine the Linux distro, so maybe it has problems parsing the ISO metadata? I have tried using Ubuntu 21.10, since it is the closest OS:

Boxes was unable to identify the operating system on the image file.

It is not advised to try booting an unknown OS, but you may try your luck forcing a specific kind of OS from the list below:

1 Like

FWIW, I did not see this when I tried the latest daily build on two a flash drives just now.

Thanks for sharing. I have been trying the Daily Build over the last few months, but this is the first time I got prompted for log in.

Are you also using Flatpak installed Gnome Boxes, or could you try with that combination, if you’re not?

I’m running it directly on the computer, not through virtualization.

Ah yes, you actually wrote you were using a flash drive.