Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS mid-term impressions and feedback

Hello dear community!

I fell in love with Ubuntu ever since I started using it on university projects. Right now I use it as my main OS, as of today running 20.04.1 LTS.
I’m dual booting with Windows 10 which I use for gaming purposes and without a doubt Ubuntu has the best mid-term performance, wheter it is booting or getting large amounts of work done.

The two main issues that I have, which I’ll leave as feedback, are the following:
Firstly, when I restart my computer on the Windows side, and then select Ubuntu, it will not load, forcing me to shutdown using the power button. Secondly, when and only when I am on the locked screen, and the system turns off my screen due to energy management while on it, the next time I resume my activity it will get stuck in a loop of locking screens. I type my correct password and I’m never able to unlock the system.

Thank you so much to the Ubuntu team and everyone involved in this great and prosperous project!

King regards, Luís Ornelas

1 Like

Glad you are enjoying Ubuntu.

Please seek assistance in one of the many help venues (https://community.ubuntu.com/t/finding-help/709) for your boot problem. This is the wrong place to ask for help untangling your boot issue, sorry.

Please file a bug report for your lockscreen problem. This is the wrong place to tell the Ubuntu developers about a bug that you discovered.

1 Like