Testing Ubuntu 20.04 LTS & official Ubuntu flavors

What might be the incompatibilities you are experiencing with X1 Yoga?

Do remember to ubuntu-bug stuff otherwise devs will not be aware of your issues … hence cannot fix.

1 Like

The bug report about sleeping issue & audio not detected. The latter seems like it’ll be solved by release, but no clue about the former.

Still have to post about the fact that Kubuntu 19.10 & 20.04 doesn’t detect it going on tablet mode, and would 99% of the time trigger the keyboard and trackpad every time I hold it as a tablet, but I haven’t had the chance yet.

Edit: just posted it.

1 Like

Just want to say Thank You to all those who have participated in the testing of 20.04 so far. During the last Ubuntu Developer Sprint and Ubuntu Testing Week that happened earlier this week a lot of bug fixes were added to the daily build thanks to everyone hard work and time. Let’s keep the great work going with only 3 weeks until the Beta release and under 7 weeks until the Final release. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

What might be the problem here? This happened after today’s upgrade. GNOME Shell 3.35.91
Screenshot%20from%202020-03-21%2016-08-35

But, the screen lock is enabled.

But does it work? Mine didn’t when I tried it with LightDM. For me GDM3 on both Wayland and Xorg have the disappearing cursor problem, which was why I tried LightDM. But, being this is still an alpha yet, part of the fun eh? :wink:

Yes, it is. But, usually near the end of the dev period, such problems doesn’t really happen. That is, in the past.

I fully jumped ship to 20.04 after the audio and sleep issues are fixed. YAY!

Thank you so very much!!!

Only one left now is the keyboard & trackpad not pausing when flipped. Hopefully this gets fixed. I may not be able to rotate the screen, (and use in tent mode), but want to use it as a tablet.

What about it? I don’t see anything strange …

I’ve been testing 20.04 since yesterday and noticed the virtual desktop switcher overlay image is really small. A lot smaller than in previous versions of GNOME.

I don’t particularly like it, but either way, don’t know whether this is a technical issue or just a design decision?

Sorry everyone, me again. Just two other observations:

• I don’t see the regular Ubuntu Software store anymore; is it replaced with the Snap-store altogether? Again, I don’t know if this is a design decision or a technical issue.

• Are the stock GNOME icons for core GNOME apps being replaced with Yaru icons again? The Nautilus icon has been replaced with the Yaru icon again. I thought this went against the arrangements that were made with the GNOME community? …

3 Likes

The smaller virtual desktop switcher overlay is probably Yaru.

Ubuntu Software is officially replaced with the snap-store. Is ubuntu-software going to be remove for snap:snap-store?

3 Likes

Well, we’re still pre-beta release. :wink:

Piper won’t update on Focal.

Gnome-weather is super slow to show the weather info. I wonder if it should be recompiled to pick up “something”:

We had that once and it was fixed by just updating to the final gnome-weather version. But an upgrade to 3.36 is impossible because there is no 3.36 version of gnome-weather (not even changes on gitlab master). I would give it a try to just recompile it.

1 Like

Potentially @jbicha came to the rescue and updated libgweather to 3.36.

Entpacken von libgweather-common (3.36.0-1) Ăźber (3.34.0-1) ...

Probably that is the “something” that a gnome-weather recompile would have to pick up. @seb128, could you try to trigger a recompile?

I’m experiencing heavy load on my system now. I don’t now what was updated lately but the fans go crazy when GDM is loaded. When I login, the system is completely unresponsive and I can’t start any application. Didn’t notice that behaviour today morning.

Hmm. Everything is smooth here with all current updates installed.

Hi, I am experiencing a weird USB issue on cold boot - I’ve built a new Ryzen 3900x with an extra PCI-Express card with USB that I use for PCI passthrough to a VM on the machine. With a cold boot the USB card is nowhere to be seen (dmesg, lspci, etcetera). If I do a shutdown -r now and wait a bit for the reboot, everything works like fine.

Relevant hardware:

What I have already found or tried:

• Upgraded bios
  • Other PCI slot
  • demsg and lspci search

Does anyone have any idea where to look further to get to the root cause?

Any extension’s settings doesn’t open from Gnome Tweaks, or from https://extensions.gnome.org/ in Ubuntu 20.04 with GNOME Shell 3.36.0.

Checked with Arch Linux (GNOME Shell 3.36.1). Any extension’s settings open from https://extensions.gnome.org/ , but doesn’t open from Gnome Tweak.

(Of course, this problem doesn’t appear in Fedora 31 and OpenSuse Tumbleweed, as they have GNOME Shell 3.34.4. In them both Gnome Tweak work.)