Suggestions & Advice PLS. Lubuntu Install!

I am going to be installing Lubuntu and wanted to know what version I should install. I am wanting to run very light weight OS that has good support. Without a bunch of pre-installed things, some of which I may not need. I want (your) “community” thoughts and suggestions on what version of Lubuntu would be best, as well if you can talk me into another os. GO FOR IT!
:thinking:
MY MACHINE ATM ( I KNOW it’s not great)

My PC:
4GB Patriot ddr4 (RAM)
EVGA GTX 660 FTW Signature 2 3GB (GRAPHICS) NVIDIA GPU
AMD ATHLON X4 950 (CPU) AMD PROCESSOR
MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS:thinking: MSI mobo

If you need long term support (won’t be upgrading again for years) then you should use 18.04:

If you want something newer and don’t mind upgrading every 6-9 months then I would suggest waiting for the official release of 19.04. Although it works right now even before release:

thanks i will wait for new release in the mean time im going to be using this LUBUNTU 14.04 TRUSTY TAHR just to see what the os can pump out for me resource wise thanks!

This site is for the co-ordination of the Ubuntu project(s), and not support.

For Ubuntu Support options, please have a look at https://community.ubuntu.com/t/finding-help/712

Your question of “what is best” will be treated as off-topic on some, but why not ‘download’ and try one.

Lubuntu 18.04 uses LXDE (GTK+2 base) so maybe lighter if using GTK+ based apps, where as Lubuntu 18.10 & later are Qt based - so your end-use, or the applications you intend using will have a decent influence on which performs best for you (not just hardware), let alone the usual LTS versus non-LTS.

None of this however relates to Ubuntu project co-ordination, so don’t be surprised if a moderator closes this post (as off-topic).

thanks this can be closed!